Senior Software Engineer, Product
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Watershed Informatics is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to design and build new features for our omics research platform. We’re looking for engineers eager to weigh tradeoffs, solve real problems, and expand the capabilities of an enterprise research offering.
You’ll partner with our engineers and bioinformaticians to understand the technical limitations of our platform and the bioinformatics tools we connect to. Cloud Data Lab handles large volumes of genomic data - you’ll build services to move data between components and interfaces so biologists create better analyses.
We are currently focused on senior level, experienced engineers. To us, this means 3-6 years of industry experience designing and writing software to solve tough problems in rigorous engineering environments.
- Develop new services and features that expand and improve how scientists analyze omics data on Cloud Data Lab.
- Meet with bioinformaticians to uncover functionality and technical requirements of current and in-development bioinformatics tools
- Design core functions scientists and users will draw on to create interoperable bioinformatics solutions.
- Coordinate with engineers and leadership to manage and prioritize projects.
- Industry experience developing complex functions for a data-driven software offering.
- Practical understanding of computer science and system design principles.
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.