Business Operations Manager
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis - from lab data to plot - with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
Watershed is hiring a Business Operations Manager, reporting to the Head of Solutions Science and working closely with the CEO. The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who is excited to learn quickly and contribute to every commercial aspect of a growing SaaS startup.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics, providing regular updates to leadership
- Identify trends and insights that can be used to optimize sales processes and increase revenue
- Assist with sales processes, including direct outreach, coordinating meetings, providing pricing analytics, and closing deals
- Review contracts, ensure user accounts are properly provisioned, and help to improve the overall customer experience
- Develop a deep understanding of various commercial processes, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for automation
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance to become a performance enhancement partner and to synchronize key business functions
- Recent experience in business operations, revenue operations, sales operations, and/or strategic roles
- Results-oriented, focused on experiential, operational, and financial outcomes
- Able to deal with ambiguity, think fast, and positively challenge and evolve processes
- Proficiency in using Salesforce or HubSpot is a plus
- Experience working at a high growth SaaS company is a plus
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- BA/BS in relevant field
- Degrees in biology or similar disciple are a plus
- Experience in biotech and related fields is a plus