High Performance Computing Engineer
Our vision is to become the leading biocomputing platform. The future of biology is in big data analysis, and we are on a mission to accelerate digital drug discovery with the Watershed platform. Watershed enables scientists to conduct all essential analysis — from lab data to plot — with a single software platform.
We have attracted some of the best bioinformatics, engineering, and commercial talent, and we are growing! Join a team that’s intellectually curious with a bias for action, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, composed of people who have come together to enable outcomes while empowering the research of all those committed to changing lives — all while bringing transformational change to a $40 billion industry.
- Integrate software libraries and cluster computing frameworks into high performance applications
- Develop solutions for benchmarking, metric collection, and monitoring of resources
- Collaborate with software engineers to optimizing software and maximize computational throughput
- Experience in all of the following areas: parallel computing, distributed computing, computer architecture, and software optimization
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++, and Bash
- Experience working with Unix/Linux, containerization, and cloud environments
- Familiarity with networking, security, and the Linux operating system
- Ability to analyze very complex problems and come up with novel solutions
Watershed is an equal-opportunity employer and believes diversity of all types is integral to company success. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.