Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Volta Labs, Inc. (https://www.voltalabs.com/) is an MIT spin-off that has unlocked powerful new DNA sequencing capabilities by developing novel fluidic technology. Working at the intersection of engineering and biology, Volta is building a product to streamline DNA sequencing sample prep. As DNA sequencing is the foundational technology behind humanity‘s understanding of diseases and the tool that provides a new view into the fundamentals of biology, Volta is at the forefront of a sequencing revolution, driving sequencing towards seamless ease of use and complete automation.
Working at Volta Labs means having big ambitions for solving the world’s most challenging problems. Volta has brought together individuals from many different fields (physics, biology, engineering, operations) to work toward one main shared goal -- build the most advanced sample prep solution for sequencing. We are a product and data-driven company where employees are empowered to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative environment. This is an exciting phase to join Volta; with commercialization imminent, our product has the potential to change the future of sequencing.
Reporting directly to the CEO, we are seeking a Director of Finance to join our team at Volta Labs, a fast-growing hardware startup. The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the organization, including budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and reporting. They will work closely with the CEO and senior management team to ensure that the organization's financial goals are aligned with its overall strategic objectives.
The Director of Finance will be the first person on the finance team and will have unlimited career upside as they support the organization's continued growth and success.
- Oversee all financial operations of the organization, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and implement financial strategies, assisting the CEO with fundraising efforts, including preparing pitch decks and financial projections.
- Prepare and present financial reports to the board of directors, highlighting key financial trends and risks.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to inform business strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Operations and Engineering, to provide financial guidance and support.
- Implement and manage internal financial processes, systems and controls.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures that ensure the integrity of the organization's financial reporting and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and other financial reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Manage relationships with external partners, including banks, auditors, and other financial service providers.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in financial management, with a proven track record of success in overseeing financial operations in a complex organization.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and analysis, with the ability to interpret and communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and provide sound financial advice to senior management.
- Experience in a startup or fast-paced environment and familiarity with venture capital fundraising and startup metrics is a plus
Our Benefits and Perks:
Robust Equity Program, to build future wealth through stock options with high growth potential
Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage, including Medical, Dental, & Vision
HSA, FSA, and Sponsored Commuter Benefit Plans
Access to Our 401K Plan, to save for your future
12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave, which can be taken over 12 months
Unlimited Paid Time Off, because we understand the importance of time off for rest and adventure
10 Paid Federal Holidays
Twice Weekly On-site Lunches, variety snacks, beverages, & treats
Weekly Paid Coffee Date with Colleague
Monthly Team Happy Hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and we actively seek out and value diverse perspectives. Women, people of color, people who are differently abled, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of bio-automation!
See more open positions at Volta Labs
Something looks off?