Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded late-stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that infectious disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby has developed the world’s first single-use PCR platform that disrupts the traditional model and redefines the way infectious disease is tested and treated.
The Manufacturing Technician will support all technical functions within Manufacturing and work closely with the Technical Operations team to construct, troubleshoot and sustain production lines (including test stations, equipment and processes).
- Responsible for the construction, troubleshooting, and sustaining of test stations and equipment to support manufacturing goals.
- Operate under the guideline of GMP/Company QMS.
- Contribute to continuous improvement to manufacturing efficiency, product quality, and the team's morale.
- Escalate issue(s) to supervisor, engineer, management, and/or peers in a clear, effective and timely manner.
- Follow established quality policies and adhere to operating procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and open working environment.
- Understanding of mechanical drawings and/or electrical diagrams.
- First response Technical resource to the Manufacturing team.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School level equivalency (English reading/writing proficiency).
- AS degree in a technical discipline is a plus.
- 2 - 6yrs in an ISO environment (FDA regulated Medical Device industry is a plus).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team through technical issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical and pneumatic issues.
- Good communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Ability to move about the manufacturing facility (access files/storage, office equipment, computers and other productivity devices; plan, organize, and attend manufacturing meetings; attend to various issues on the shop floor; etc.), is required.
- Work within a low humidity environment (<10% RH) for extended period of time.
More about our benefits
Visby offers highly competitive health insurance through Cigna or Kaiser, including a company-funded HSA option. We also offer a 401k match, flexible paid time off, 11 company holidays, and many other contemporary benefits and perks.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Visbees is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status.
Full COVID Vaccination Required - Reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons considered.