NPI Buyer/Planner II
Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded late-stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that infectious disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby has developed the world’s first single-use PCR platform that disrupts the traditional model and redefines the way infectious disease is tested and treated.
ABOUT THE JOB
The NPI (New Product Introduction) Buyer / Planner II is a full time role and is responsible for a variety of activities including Purchase Order and Project Management for NPI. The ideal candidate is highly articulate and analytical who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills to work with suppliers and vendors as well as with internal cross-functional teams including R&D, Engineering, Production, Quality, Regulatory, and Document Control. The candidate should be comfortable collecting, analyzing, and presenting complex procurement and supplier data.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Review and gather demand from internal stakeholders and update forecasting files for NPI requirements for BOM related commodities.
- Review purchase requisitions and work with vendors to obtain product price, availability, delivery schedule, and review quotes for accuracy and competitive strategies.
- Support supplier qualification, material control, and review and manage Engineering and R&D inventory and recommend disposition to leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on implementing engineering changes (ECOs) and qualification activities.
- Ensure up-to-date NPI Drawings, Part Specifications, and Documents are forwarded to supplier for accurate and timely delivery of parts and components
- Track and update supplier ship commitments to ensure parts availability for forecasted build plans.
- Lead and run material meetings for all NPI commodities and recommend supply recovery solutions.
- Gather, review and generate post-mortem reports on NPI spend, order accuracy, and supplier performance.
- Collaborate with Visby’s GSMs (General Sourcing Managers) to investigate and recommend alternative vendors and suppliers.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with Legal to ensure contracts and NDAs are routed for appropriate signatures.
- Collaborate with Finance and other internal customers to resolve procure-to-pay issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
ON YOUR FIRST DAY WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years purchasing and planning experience, or a combination of planning and various supply chain roles.
- Experience with fast pace / high volume disposable in ISO environment (Medical device preferred).
- A background in chemicals and reagents, injection molded components, PCBAs, and/or indirect purchasing preferred.
- Computer proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Intermediate Excel skills (including but not limited to Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and data validation formulas is highly recommended. You will be asked to demonstrate your skills).
- Solid ERP/MRP systems experience required with a preference in Netsuite, Oracle, or SAP.
- Intermediate understanding of BOM structures and Material set ups.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- APICs certification highly desirable.
IT’S GREAT IF YOU HAVE
- Exceptional project management experience.
- Lean Six Sigma black or green belt, with demonstrated experience deploying lean tools that help with continuous improvement.
MORE ABOUT THE TEAM
The NPI Buyer / Planner II will report to the Senior Manager of Procurement. They will work closely with R&D, Engineering, Production, Quality, Regulatory, and Document Control.
UNIQUE ASPECTS OF THIS JOB
- Appropriate gowning procedures will be required (hairnet, safety glasses, cleanroom apparel/lab coats, gloves)
- May be required to work extended hours and weekends, and/or off hours as needed to communicate with offshore suppliers.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
$85,000 - $103,818 (Salary range for candidates based in San Jose, CA) Compensation for the role is based on geographical location. Compensation also depends on a number of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
More about our benefits
Visby offers highly competitive health insurance through Cigna or Kaiser, including a company-funded HSA option. We also offer a 401k match, flexible paid time off, 11 company holidays, and many other contemporary benefits and perks.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Visbees is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status.
Full COVID Vaccination Required - Reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons considered.