Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. is an immunology company focused on combining cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases and other serious conditions. Vir has assembled two technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current clinical development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting hepatitis B and hepatitis delta viruses and human immunodeficiency virus. Vir has several preclinical candidates in its pipeline, including those targeting influenza A and B, COVID-19, RSV/MPV and HPV.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to be the first company to be ranked at the top of the Deloitte Fast 500 list two years in a row (2023 & 2022)!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Procurement, Vir is looking for a Sr. Manager who will improve our G&A procurement function to support our procurement goals. You will contribute to a role that is a blend of strategic sourcing and procure to pay responsibilities to support sourcing, contract negotiations, procure to pay processes, manage spend and foster proactive engagement with team members to understand procurement needs. Your focus will be to support team members in IT, Facilities, Finance , HR and local site procurement needs. You will partner with Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, business stakeholders, vendors/suppliers to facilitate the end-to-end source to pay process.
You will be based in San Francisco, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Support/Lead the vendor selection lifecycle including the support of RFI/RFP and sourcing activities for indirect procurement. The focus will be G&A support and may include other sourcing support for local research teams.
- Partner with IT on software renewals, licenses, contract evaluation and negotiations.
- Support HR/Finance/Facilities to review existing contracts, increase supplier relationships and re-negotiate terms and conditions and pricing.
- Engage with team members across assigned G&A functions and local site to understand procurement needs and support spend aligned to budget and ensure a streamlined procure to pay (P2P) request and approval process aligned with Financial and Procurement controls and guidelines.
- Support the daily P2P process operations of the procurement function for goods and services: Responsible for procurement activities including purchase order (PO) and contract submission end-user guidance, cost/price analysis.
- Partner with Accounts Payable to manage PO close process, PO/Invoice reconciliation and change order process management.
- Manage/support key supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, order management, conduct business reviews and issue escalations to ensure timelines are met.
- Identify savings opportunities that create value to the business.
- Identify and help implement new and improved business processes and purchasing system enhancement opportunities.
- Organize and lead meetings with internal stakeholders, staff and vendors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in, Business, Science or related field
- 8-10 years of procurement experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company with a focus on indirect procurement needs
- Experience with G&A and indirect procurement practices including research
- Operational Excellence: Understanding of Procure to Pay Process, SOX Compliance and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in NetSuite, Coupa or comparable procurement system
- Relationship management/Collaborative skills in managing relationships with internal partners.
- Confirmed ability to evaluate suppliers to acquire best pricing.
- Perform a variety of transactional and strategic activities
The expected salary range for this position is $133,000 - $197,500 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
Vir Biotechnology (“Vir”) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Vir are based on legitimate, non-discriminatory business requirements, job duties and individual qualifications. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, parental status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or any other legally protected characteristic.
This commitment extends to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, compensation, appraisal systems, promotions, training and career development programs. Vir also strongly commits to providing employees with a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
For hires based in the United States, Vir Biotechnology, Inc., participates in E-Verify.