Sr. Manager, Development Outsourcing
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. is an immunology company focused on combining cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases and other serious conditions. Vir has assembled two technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current clinical development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting hepatitis B and hepatitis delta viruses and human immunodeficiency virus. Vir has several preclinical candidates in its pipeline, including those targeting influenza A and B, COVID-19, RSV/MPV and HPV.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to be the first company to be ranked at the top of the Deloitte Fast 500 list two years in a row (2023 & 2022)!
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced Sr Manager in Development Outsourcing with the ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to support vendor outsourcing activities for Translational and Clinical Development (TCD). You will report to the Associate Director, Development Outsourcing & Contracts and partner with Vendors and internal partners to enable outsourcing of services and governance with vendor partners. This is a remote role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Under minimal guidance, you will lead the vendor selection lifecycle including the management of Request-for-Information (RFI) and Request-for-Proposal (RFP) activities for clinical services with a focus on CRO study management, eCOA/ePRO, FSP partnerships and central laboratory. Other services may include biostats/programming, and multiple ancillary vendors.
- You will manage the relationships with important vendor partners to enable collaboration and resolution of challenges.
- Independently lead strategic initiatives such as category refreshes and preferred partnerships to lead overall vendor strategy.
- Draft, implement, track and archive CDAs, MSAs, and other multiple vendor contract agreements following Vir's standards and processes.
- You will negotiate and manage budgets, financial terms, refine scope and conduct analysis.
- Engage and partner with Clinical Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Finance and vendors, to enable informed, risk-considered decisions.
- You will review invoices against contractual terms to ensure compliance and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution with contract revisions.
- You will identify and help implement new or improved departmental processes or standards.
- Organize and lead meetings with internal staff, vendors and other third parties
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B.A./B.S. degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- You can define and advocate new ideas and solutions to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills, both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Collaborate with team members to foster successful working relationships both internally and externally.
- Project management skills and ability to own initiatives from start to finish.
- Experience in budget analysis and presenting summary to senior leadership.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Vir Biotechnology (“Vir”) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Vir are based on legitimate, non-discriminatory business requirements, job duties and individual qualifications. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, parental status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or any other legally protected characteristic.
This commitment extends to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, compensation, appraisal systems, promotions, training and career development programs. Vir also strongly commits to providing employees with a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
For hires based in the United States, Vir Biotechnology, Inc., participates in E-Verify.