Principal Engineer, Digital Integration & Data Analytics (Process & Product Development)
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. is an immunology company focused on combining cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases and other serious conditions. Vir has assembled two technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current clinical development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting hepatitis B and hepatitis delta viruses and human immunodeficiency virus. Vir has several preclinical candidates in its pipeline, including those targeting influenza A and B, COVID-19, RSV/MPV and HPV.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
The Technical Operations function is looking for a leader of Digital Integration and Data Analytics to join the Process and Product Development (P&PD) team in San Francisco. You will report to the Vice President of Bioprocess Development and will collaborate with multiple departments across Vir, partnering extensively with our Data Sciences and IT teams in particular. You will bridge biologics process development subject matter expertise with advanced data tools and technologies to streamline the implementation of Vir’s manufacturing processes and methods. This is a hybrid role, and you will work a few days each week from our HQ in San Francisco.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Onboard and develop applications to streamline analytical/process development experimental design, execution, and reporting including in silico/machine learning based modeling.
- Partner with internal/external process/analytical labs to evaluate and implement real time analytics, modeling, automation, and control toward value creation and reduced cost of goods manufactured.
- Enhance programmatic access and reporting of CMC data across the enterprise in partnership with IT/Data Sciences.
- Drive broadened application of Vir’s Manufacturing Data Repository to strengthen data aggregation and advanced analytics capabilities across CMC functions.
- Evaluate and implement solutions for streamlined data compilation in support of regulatory filings.
- Partner with Data Sciences and IT to develop and execute the Tech Ops Data Tools/Technologies project roadmap in support of Vir’s data strategy.
- Drive enterprise data innovation by staying current on new standards, methods, tools, platforms, and industry trends while identifying novel business needs and applications.
- Collaborate with product and technology team members to integrate product/platform experiences, data, and workflows.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Biosciences, Chemical Engineering with 13+ years of experience.
- Experience working in a biologics manufacturing facility and/or process development environment.
- Deep familiarity with mAb cell culture and/or purification technology, including bench, pilot, and GMP scale.
- Experience in statistical/machine learning and mechanistic modeling.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance (FDA, EMA, GMP).
- Experience leading digital transformation projects, applying process re-engineering and technology to deliver with speed and quality across multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in Python or similar object-oriented languages.
- Executive level dashboard using Tableau or Spotfire.
- Strong evidence of end-to-end thinking and championing the digital experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
The expected salary range for this position is $198,500.00 to $261,500.00. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all onsite personnel!
Vir Biotechnology (“Vir”) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Vir are based on legitimate, non-discriminatory business requirements, job duties and individual qualifications. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, parental status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or any other legally protected characteristic.
This commitment extends to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, compensation, appraisal systems, promotions, training and career development programs. Vir also strongly commits to providing employees with a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.