Vice President, Corporate Communications
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. is an immunology company focused on combining cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases and other serious conditions. Vir has assembled two technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current clinical development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting hepatitis B and hepatitis delta viruses, influenza A and B, human immunodeficiency virus and COVID-19. Vir has several preclinical candidates in its pipeline, including RSV/MPV and HPV.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
Reporting to the EVP, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, the VP of Corporate Communications will be responsible for leading Public Relations and Internal Communications for Vir. The ideal candidate has significant depth of expertise in traditional and digital media, experience with internal communications, understanding of business strategies and executive priorities, and is a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills. You should be a strategist, have strong writing skills, be social and digital analytics savvy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role is open to remote employees. Vir only supports remote employees within the United States and reserves the right to approve work locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- You will define Public Relations and Internal Communications strategies for us that achieve business objectives and convey the unique value of Vir and its platforms and programs.
- Manage a team of director-level Communications experts, including a focus on media relations, executive visibility, digital communications and internal communications.
- Lead development of all PR materials, including press releases, Q&As, website content, executive talking points, fact sheets, etc., in collaboration with external agency colleagues, our corporate partners, and internal colleagues in Investor Relations, Government Affairs & Policy, Legal, Advocacy, Clinical, and other parts of the organization.
- You will work closely with the Chief Corporate Affairs Officer to prepare company spokespeople for media interviews, investor and other engagements, including training spokespeople and ensuring that company's most frequent spokespeople are prepared to address key issues.
- Define and manage the strategy and implementation of a robust social media presence.
- Lead the coordination of communications efforts within Vir. Be the strategic hub for well-coordinated and organized communications across multiple internal groups.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to ensure understanding and visibility of communications initiatives across departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS required; 15 years of public relations experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company or at a public relations firm working with biotech/pharmaceutical clients.
- Demonstrated experience crafting and executing successful traditional media, social media, and internal communications strategies.
- Dynamic team player with exceptional written and verbal communications skills who can distill complex ideas into simple, compelling messages.
- Experience working with high performing teams and demonstrated ability to collaborate, lead, facilitate, influence, and organize across groups and at multiple levels of an organization.
- Understanding of SEC and FDA regulations impacting communications.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
The expected salary range for this position is $295,000.00 to $350,000.00. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all onsite personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.