Senior Director, Patient Advocacy & Public Policy
Vir Biotechnology, Inc. is an immunology company focused on combining cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent infectious diseases and other serious conditions. Vir has assembled two technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current clinical development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting hepatitis B and hepatitis delta viruses, influenza A and B, human immunodeficiency virus and COVID-19. Vir has several preclinical candidates in its pipeline, including RSV/MPV and HPV.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
Vir Biotechnology is looking for a Senior Director, Patient Advocacy to lead our patient advocacy and community strategy. Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, you will lead Vir's overarching advocacy strategy including defining standard methodologies for patient advocacy engagement across the continuum of drug discovery and commercialization. You will create meaningful relationships with local and global patient advocacy and professional organizations and define clear metrics to measure advocacy efforts.
You will be at the forefront of our mission, developing relationships with patient advocacy groups and building our internal function to ensure patients' voices are heard. You will use your knowledge of Patient Advocacy to support our innovative science, while remaining well-informed of new developments that have an impact on the communities we serve.
The role is open to remote employees. Vir only supports remote employees within the United States and reserves the right to approve work locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive patient advocacy strategy that aligns with Vir's mission.
- Engage local and global patient audiences, while representing the voice of patients to a broad set of partners.
- Find opportunities and developing action plans to support programs, townhalls and sponsored events that help patients by addressing disease-specific challenges, increasing disease awareness, and increasing access to therapy.
- Participate in brand planning and product team discussions for approved and pipeline compounds to ensure operating plans account for advocacy opportunities and organizational needs.
- Based on a clear understanding of and empathy for the patient experience, design processes and use effective tools to contribute to the success of the patient advocacy plans.
- Educational outreach to the communities of specific disease and to HCPs who may treat these patients but don't have specific training.
- Build collaborative, mutually beneficial partnerships with important patient advocacy and professional medical associations and prioritize the organizations with which to partner.
- Manage relationships with patient advocacy groups and facilitate regular communications and presentations to patient audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 13 years of relevant patient advocacy, communications, commercial, or related experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a global role, including a working knowledge of patient advocacy codes of conduct and regulations across major geographies globally
- Understanding of brand needs, including relevant scientific, medical, economic and policy matters related to therapeutic areas
- Experience working on teams across departments and development phases from discovery through launch.
- Understanding of the policy issues, and legislative procedures at the federal level, which are important for an effective patient advocacy program
- Knowledge of the Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance environment, ensuring adherence of guidelines and best practices for patient advocacy engagement
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel (approximately 10-20%)
The expected salary range for this position is $217,500.00 to $318,000.00. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all onsite personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.