Senior Social Media, Community Manager
Marketing & Communications
Bellevue, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Viome is on a mission to prevent and reverse chronic diseases. Viome is a high-growth biotech startup that applies AI and machine learning to biological data – e.g., microbiome, transcriptome, and metabolome data – to provide direct-to-consumer personalized dietary and lifestyle recommendations for healthier living. We are a small, fast-growing, interdisciplinary team of passionate experts in biochemistry, microbiology, medicine, artificial intelligence, and machine learning with a shared mission to make illness optional. Lead investors include Khosla Ventures, West River Group, and Bold Capital Partners.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Social Media Community Manager to join our team to own and grow Viome’s social media accounts and communities. This role will work with the marketing, content, and design team and is responsible for evolving and driving a best-in-class social program at Viome, overseeing the evolution of our social content strategy, developing breakthrough campaigns (proactive and reactive), and building our strategy for our community engagement and advocacy efforts.
This candidate will maintain a pulse on culture within our industry and beyond and oversee our reactive and disruptive social strategies–- ultimately positioning Viome as one of the world's most culturally relevant, engaging, and memorable brands.
This is a full-time role at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and manage social media strategy, creation, production, and publication for all Viome social channels and initiatives.
- Manage, create, develop, and oversee social media strategy, social content production, copy, creative, and calendar (daily/weekly) across all existing and new Viome social platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) with engaging current content trends, best practices, influencers, and experts.
- Manage the delivery of marketing, creative, digital, brand, and broadcast assets for social platforms.
- Collaborate with internal team members (e.g., writers, multimedia producers, digital media) to ensure that social media platforms are executed promptly and accurately.
- Communicate core brand messaging and support overall marketing efforts (such as campaigns, product launches, brand events, and PR or influencer activations).Maintain the tone and voice of Viome on all social media platforms.
- Monitoring and managing our social community through timely responses to customer/member messages (in partnership with customer service teams and business partners).Grow social media audiences and increase engagement across all channels.
- Cultivate our member community with effective strategies for community growth and enhanced engagement.
- Host and support virtual social and community education events and cover key signature events in real-time as needed.
- Lead and manage our testimonial program and member story curation process.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Viome social team, staying current on all available social opportunities and new technologies.
- Generate monthly statistical reports with social analytics and trends to track growth, regularly making recommendations, updates, and improvements to the social platforms based on your findings.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on social listening and community insights for Viome and report on online reviews and feedback.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure social support on all companywide initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Experience / Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in media, communications, marketing, or health and wellness.
- At least five years of experience working in digital, social media, marketing with content creation and copywriting, and social media and community management as a core responsibility.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key social media platforms and best practices, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, Threads and new platforms.
- Experience building, executing, and scaling social-first marketing programsExpert understanding of social and cultural trends, platforms, audiences, reporting, and paid tactics.
- Experience distilling social data and content insights into actionable strategies to inform business goals.A proven track record in designing, launching, and maintaining community programs and using social media to build and strengthen customer relationships. Robust experience hosting and participating in virtual events.
- Active use and creation on social media daily, including the use of TikTok or YouTube platforms. Social content creation, including photography and video and video editing skills; there is production support; however, a strong ability to capture content directly is a requirement. Experience with social listening platforms and ability to use data-driven social listening and tracking tools such as Meta Business Suite, Sprout, etc.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and adhere to tight schedules.
- Excellent project management skills to oversee multiple video projects from concept to delivery.
- Self-motivation, strong organizational skills, and extreme attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, etc.).Creative thinking with a growth mindset, and always ready to adapt and innovate with new tools, concepts, platforms, and processes for video content.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver production equipment.
- Solid understanding of the ‘always on’ approach to social media, constantly monitoring and responding to channel and business needs.
- Ability to work extended hours and flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Must be willing to work in the Bellevue office in a hybrid capacity.
- Proficient in English.
- Podcasting interview experience.
- CopywritingWell-versed – or very curious about – the health and wellness space.
- SEO expertise.
- Knowledge of Photoshop + Premiere Pro.
- Social Media Management platforms such as Sprout Social, HootSuite, Agorapulse, Buffer, etc.
- Desire to learn about DTC marketing and combine data-driven results with sleek and professional aesthetics.