Senior Procurement Agent
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Louisville, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Louisville, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja Biopharma is seeking an experienced Senior Procurement Agent to join our fast-paced Procurement department. This position will be responsible for leading the purchasing activities for R&D, Clinical, IT, and Corporate Operations located in Washington. This position will work closely with our critical, external suppliers and use supplier relationship management tools to drive towards improved quality and service and reduced cost and lead times. This position will require a project driven mindset with a strong attention to detail, while supporting Procurement’s high priority initiatives as our company continues to build and grow. We are looking for a self-starter who brings their excellent communication skills and ability to flex and pivot in an ever-changing start-up environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review purchase requests for accuracy and place orders
- Track order progress and engage with suppliers for any order problems
- Assist the Accounting department with reconciling discrepant invoices
- Support the implementation of a new Supplier Relationship Management tool
- Track, document, and report out on supplier performance and supplier KPIs using internal and external supplier performance surveys and systematic reporting tools
- Collaborate with Research and LabOps teams to plan consumables material supply
- Support Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and internal inventory management projects as we consolidate two different locations into one
- Maintain positive working relationship with key suppliers, communicating the business’s priorities, and corresponding material and service requirements during recurring supplier engagement meetings
- Identify areas where process improvement are needed, cost savings can be achieved, or contractual agreements are required
- Align with other members of the Procurement team to achieve optimal supplier relationships, efficient procurement strategies, company-wide pricing agreements, and system enhancements
- Negotiate better prices and obtain competitive bids on high value, critical path items
- Engage with key business stakeholders to understand their unique needs
- Participate as a Procurement SME in Phase II SAP implementation project as needed
- Train end-users as necessary in the new ERP/Purchasing system
- Assist the Procurement Lead and Senior Contracts Administrator with ad hoc requests or projects
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of purchasing experience or a high school diploma with 7+ years of purchasing experience in a similar industry
- Working knowledge of ordering procedures, inventory replenishment methods, MRP, and ERP systems
- Some experience with SAP S/4 HANA
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify and solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience negotiating preferable pricing, terms, and lead times with suppliers
- Drive to connect with business stakeholders on a regular basis
- 2+ years experience working in a start-up environment
- 2+ years Biotech or healthcare experience
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment
- Confidence to ask questions to gain understanding, clarity and insight in a novel, ever-changing environment
- High level of efficiency and sense of urgency
- Ability to work well on a team while also completing tasks independently
- If remote, this position is required to travel to Seattle one week per quarter
Salary Range: $100,300 - $135,700
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.