Director, Program Management
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Louisville, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Louisville, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
This role will be responsible for overseeing select Umoja internal programs and partnered programs to ensure consistency across these functions and drive cross-functional partnerships to implement practices which support efficient drug development with high-quality deliverables. This role will also serve as Program Manager member on partnered programs as needed. In addition, this individual will be responsible for building and leading the Umoja Scientific Communications process.
This candidate is: Collaborative | Energetic | Agile | Organized | Courageous | Inclusive | Curious | Forward-Thinking | Action-focused
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage / lead cross functional teams to drive programs into and through clinical trials
- Partner with project teams and functional leadership to create development strategies with options, define goals and milestones, track and report program progress, identify and escalate gaps and challenges, and execute asset development plans
- With PM team, establish program management infrastructure buildout and process development within Umoja. Work closely with PM and AM team, leadership and key stakeholders to establish standards, policies, and practices across organization.
- Partner with functional leadership to drive operational excellence across the organization.
- Enable efficient drug development by establishing highly effective, inclusive and collaborative program/alliance teams and ensuring inclusive and robust discussions leading to optimized operational plans
- Support product development Governance body with best meeting practices to ensure robust, durable decision making and operational implementation follow-up.
- Ensure clear and consistent program communications across the organization including establishing systematic reporting to ensure transparency across the organization (e.g., monthly reports, milestone tracking)
- Partner with Finance, Business operations and other functional stakeholders to support corporate program planning, including cross-functional resource planning and financial assessments.
- Establish and own a best-in-class Scientific Communications process for Umoja, including manuscript publication and conference preparations, mapping of scientific publications against program and corporate goals, and establishing a best-in-class medical conference process as Umoja’s science enters clinical trials
- Support initiatives and special projects as needed
- Work closely with Business development to prepare for diligence and ensure work plans are consistent with Umoja resource and Climb scheduling.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in immunology, biology, or genetics highly preferred.
- Associate Director Level: 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience in program management in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting
- Director Level: 12 years of experience with at least 7 years of experience in program management in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting
- Experience in oncology and/or autoimmune disease AND gene and cell therapy required.
- Must have demonstrated experience translating complex science into effective communications, presentations, messages
- Successful experience in oversight of IND-stage and clinical programs and lifecycle required; experience in INDs and ex-US equivalent(s) and commercialization, as well as alliance management, strongly desired.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities in a scientific multi-disciplinary setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including attention to detail.
- Significant experience in budget forecasting, KPI and milestone tracking, and scientific writing.
- Strong technology skills including PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, MS Teams.
- Expertise in Smartsheet.
- Demonstrated ability to support initiatives in a fast-paced nimble environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to work onsite two days a week
Salary Range: $198,050 - $256,300
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.