Accounts Payable Specialist
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Louisville, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Louisville, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja Biopharma is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our quickly growing Finance department. This position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of accounts payable such as providing support to internal and external customers, processing day-to-day invoices; ensuring documentation is complete, accurate, and payments are timely while adhering to AP policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the end-to-end Accounts Payable process, including accurate postings, vendor statement reconciliation, payment batches, vendor disputes, cash disbursement reviews, vendor master data review, maintenance of audit trails
- Assist with program and process management
- Classify and code transactions using the chart of accounts
- On-time invoice tracking and processing with appropriate approvals
- Proactively engage in continuous AP process improvement by proposing and executing process efficiencies
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and escalate as needed to ensure timeliness of payments
- Provide customer service in response to internal and external questions regarding AP and respond timely in a consistent manner supporting overall relationships
- Partner with Senior Accounts Payable Specialist in preparing monthly accruals and account reconciliations
- Provide compliance reporting and audit support
- Partner with Accounting, Procurement, suppliers, and business stakeholders in support of on-going operational efficiency efforts
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 0-2 years of accounts payable experience; Associates in Accounting, Finance, or related field with minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Proven understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong data entry skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues or problems
- Ability to work independently, but also support the team as needed for other tasks outside of accounts payable
- Experience with ERP system implementations and development of policy/procedures
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana
- Experience and enthusiasm working in a start-up environment
- Biotech or healthcare experience
- Self-starter that is solution focused in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong communication skills, success working cross-functionally and with key stakeholders
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work onsite two days a week
Salary Range: $65,025 – $84,150
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.