IT Business Partner, Enterprise Systems
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Louisville, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Louisville, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
As an IT Business Partner - Enterprise Systems, you will play a pivotal role in aligning technology solutions with the strategic goals of our biotech organization. You will act as a liaison between IT and various business units, particularly focusing on enterprise systems. You will understand the unique challenges and opportunities within the biotech industry and leverage technology to drive operational excellence, innovation, and growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategic Partnership: Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their goals, challenges, and opportunities. Translate business objectives into IT initiatives and ensure that technology solutions support these objectives.
- Enterprise Systems Management: Lead the management and optimization of enterprise systems, including but not limited to ERP, HRIS, CRM, and other business platforms. Evaluate system performance and recommend improvements.
- Vendor and Stakeholder Management: Manage relationships with external technology partners, ensuring that they align with our strategic objectives and deliver value. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure successful project delivery.
- IT Roadmap Development: Work with IT leadership to develop and maintain a roadmap for enterprise systems that aligns with the company's long-term business goals. Prioritize projects and initiatives based on business impact and resource availability.
- Technology Innovation: Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices. Identify opportunities for innovation and propose technology solutions that enhance efficiency, scalability, and competitiveness.
- Budget Management: Work with IT leadership, finance, and procurement teams to create and manage the IT budget for enterprise systems. Monitor spending and ensure cost-effective solutions.
- Change Management: Lead change management efforts to ensure smooth adoption of new technology solutions and processes across the organization.
- Local IT Leadership: Act as local point of contact for any IT issues/problem escalation and provide staff development and mentorship to local junior staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience as an IT Business Partner, IT Manager, Business Analyst or similar role, with a focus on enterprise systems within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Note: an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level applications, including ERP and HR systems.
- Experience with SAP in a life sciences manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of aligning IT strategies with business goals.
- Project management experience, including budget, and resource management.
- Knowledge of data security and regulatory compliance (including GMP expertise) in the biotech sector is desirable.
- MBA or relevant certifications (e.g., ITIL, PMP, SAP) are a plus.
- Recent experience administering SAP S/4 HANA, especially in an enterprise cloud environment.
- Experience managing enterprise implementations, including managing external partners and technical teams.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work onsite and remotely within a reasonable driving distance to Washington sites.
- Ability to travel as needed. Less than 25% travel.
Salary Range: $136,000 - $176,000
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.