Senior Field Application Scientist
Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Field Application Scientist to join our team!
Location: The Netherlands is preferred, but Germany and the UK will be considered.
How You’ll Contribute
- Support and manage customer application needs for genomic analysis instrumentation
- Train customers on newest process, kit or instrument release
- Enable customer samples by integrating latest and greatest internal workflows to support new customer applications
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers and interface with internal development groups to resolve customer issues
- Work closely with development teams to provide customer feedback to ongoing projects
- Develop customer process and workflows using library preparation instrumentation
- Perform site readiness meetings for new customers to streamline installation and qualification
- Report, resolve and escalate customer issues and system complaints
- Work with the sales and marketing team to develop and deliver technical product presentations
- Represent our company at customer sites and relevant scientific conferences
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or closely related field with extensive lab experience across multiple life science platforms with particular emphasis in NGS platforms
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of related experience, Master's degree with 5+ years of related experience, or a PhD with 3+ years of related experience
- Capable of working independently and working remotely
- Proven positive direct customer-facing experience
- Experience in the development of biomedical or scientific instruments and in the generation and/or analysis of genomic data
- Able to balance long term company goals with short term deliverables
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Able to follow complex operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with teaching, training, or mentoring others.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
- Multilingual skills an advantage
- Based in Europe with the ability to travel as required, including eligibility and willingness to travel to the USA for scientific conferences, training and meetings in head office or customer sites as needed