Senior Product Manager
Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to join our team!
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of product marketing for his/her product portfolio. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working with strategic collaborators, product development, production, and the commercial team to deliver disruptive products.
How You’ll Contribute
- In collaboration with the commercial team, own and be responsible for growing the application and product portfolio.
- Work closely with customers and strategic partners to gather input on applications to develop disruptive new products.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure successful implementation of product requirements and drive product development to commercial launch.
- Provide input to partnership opportunity assessments.
- Support the sales and FAS teams, including training and development of sales tools and collateral.
- Create content collateral and product messaging to convey value proposition to target markets.
- Other ad-hoc projects or duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Degree in molecular biology, engineering or associated scientific field required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of related experience, Master’s degree with 8+ years of related experiences, or a PhD with 5+ years of related experience. PhD is strongly preferred.
- Experience and understanding of genomic technologies and how they can be utilized in the market is required.
- Understanding of sequencing technologies and workflows, including current and future applications.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, development, and sales teams.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication/presentation skills.
- Hands on, high energy, positive attitude with a can-do attitude that gets it done.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
At Ultima Genomics, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $150,000 and $170,000, if performed in California, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.