SQA Engineer II
Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated SQA Engineer II to join our team!
How You'll Contribute
- Perform manual testing, execute test automation, and use diagnostic tools to validate product functionality and system performance
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to analyze and resolve issues detected through testing
- Perform system integration testing of the full software solution, as well as the testing of critical individual components.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS Engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Software
- 3+ years of experience in structured software testing, including hardware/software integration
- Proficient working with complex instrumentation and hardware (precise linear stages, cameras) (Strongly desired)
- Experience working with software testing tools
- Proficient at creating test plans, regression tests, investigating test failures, logging bugs in a bug tracking system (JIRA), etc.
- Basic SQL, scripting language knowledge would be a plus
- Strong technical writing skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solver, critical thinker and active listener, good time management skills
- Familiarity with new product introductions (NPI), and product development life cycle activities
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Local candidates only (SF Bay Area)
At Ultima Genomics, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $100,000 and $115,000, if performed in California, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.