Twist Bioscience is looking for a hands-on Shipping Supervisor that is highly motivated, collaborative, takes pride in their work, with great attention to detail. The Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for the overall shipping team performance and execution of the daily order fulfillment business operations. The Supervisor will document, liaise and work with other functional teams to streamline processes and provide training to the shipping team members and other relevant parties. Additionally, the Shipping Supervisor will participate in the process analysis and improvement efforts for the team automating tasks, tracking order status, exception management and involvement in export/import compliance.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan, prioritize, distribute and provide guidance to ensure orders are shipped accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee daily order fulfillment business operations
- Prepare and pack domestic and international orders, including document preparation and coordinating with freight forwarders and couriers.
- Identify process opportunities, documentation, system enhancement to increase efficiency.
- Proactively communicates changes to the department and effectively manages team priorities during high order volume peaks.
- Monitor, address and resolve shipping related delays.
- Shipping material inventory control. Monitor material usage and refill in a timely manner to ensure enough shipment material to fulfill customers’ orders.
- Set team goals, formulate plans to achieve and track results in conjunction with Global Logistics Manager.
- Lead, motivates, coach and supervise the team.
- Foster cross-functional teamwork to encourage collaboration
- Monitor efficiency and productivity to ensure service standards and key performance indicators are met.
- Collaborate with Global Logistics Manager to perform comprehensive and ongoing training program.
- Monitor and respond in expeditious manner to email inquiries and request by internal, external customers and service partners
- Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BS degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field. A combination of job- related experience will be considered in lieu of BS degree.
- 1-2 years of shift lead, supervisory, or management experience in logistics, customer service, and order fulfillment
- 3 - 5 years direct experience in logistics, customer service and order fulfillment
- Experience working with Freight forwarders, courier, consolidators and warehouse distribution center
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Demonstrates flexibility and team player mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay organized when handling high-pressure situations
- Analytical and process thinking with a focus on continuous improvement