Manufacturing Associate - Kitting Production
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations team in Wilsonville, OR.
Shift: Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:30pm)
The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic reagent handling, chemistry and molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom DNA based intermediates and products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture high quality custom products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operate laboratory equipment and liquid handling robots such as Hamilton Stars, bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, Illumina Next-Gen sequencers etc.)
- Effectively use molecular and cell biology processes and techniques, especially PCR, DNA quantitation, purification and cloning.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work performed using existing document templates and software applications.
- Update and write work instructions and documentation.
- Work independently and in a safe manner.
- Pay great attention to details and perform consistent work without excessive supervision.
- Help Leads and Supervisors with troubleshooting and the handling of process deviations.
- Package and/or organize products for shipping.
- Work according to Good Manufacturing and ISO practices. Learn, adopt and promote lean manufacturing concepts.
- Complete all the daily assigned tasks to keep the manufacturing schedule on track and report back to Lead and Supervisor.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Relevant experience that can indicate success in a high throughput, fast pace laboratory manufacturing environment.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Biology, chemistry or related field is desirable.
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing and/or a laboratory environment is highly desirable.
- Good written and verbal skills are critical.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Atlassian etc) and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Ability to pay great attention to details.
- The work will be performed in a very dynamic laboratory team environment.
- It is a controlled laboratory environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.