Sr Automation Engineer
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
As a Senior Automation Engineer, you'll play a pivotal role in advancing our cutting-edge DNA technology through software quality testing solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, and implement scalable and robust automated software testing solutions. These solutions are crucial for the seamless operation and production of our innovative DNA products. Your involvement will span the entire product life cycle, from conception and design to validation, ensuring that the resulting systems flawlessly integrate into a Production environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate in an agile automation team, emphasizing quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead strategic decisions regarding technologies, infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Contribute to an ongoing effort to increase and improve test coverage.
- Conduct code reviews, design reviews, retrospectives to constantly refine and improve code and best practices for a rapidly scaling product.
- Oversee DevOps automation integration, and maintain the infrastructure that underpins automation.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven ability to design and implement integration & non-functional test frameworks, including API, performance, and security aspects.
- Experience with backend automation using REST API applications.
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies & CI/CD pipelines, including AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with assessing and selecting appropriate automation tools and methodologies.
- Expertise in diagnosing automation challenges within frameworks/scripts, comprehending the root cause, collaborating across teams to grasp application dependencies, and recommending both immediate and long-term solutions.
- Advanced code design, coding, debugging and maintenance skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills, capable of explaining complex technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of guiding, mentoring, and educating technical personnel, especially test engineers, within the organization.
Nice to Have:
- Web development experience (client/server)
- Familiarity with MES or LIMS systems
- Experience with eCommerce systems and B2B integrations
- Knowledge of Business Applications, e.g., Salesforce.com and SAP
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies