At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We are building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us. The Senior Director of Revenue will establish and set the vision for the Revenue team and the full order-to-cash (OTC) cycle, including partnering with various commercial teams and managing various OTC activities. This newly created position will oversee global revenue policy compliance, set the operational cadence for global customer invoicing operations, and provide practical direction for the global Finance and Accounting organization in the areas of technical and complex accounting policies and guidelines.
What You Will Be Doing
- Global responsibility for the revenue accounting close and reporting process, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and company policy and procedures for the accurate and timely reporting of revenue
- The successful candidate will be action-oriented with a blend of both technical and operational accounting experience related to revenue recognition and will seek to build strong relationships with, and deliver, superior service to all key stakeholders
- Establish revenue recognition policies for the company and be the subject matter expert in revenue-related matters
- Partner with the Pharma business unit controller to develop and implement a cadence for revenue reporting
- Collaborate with FP&A and Sales to improve visibility to revenue recognition issues or changes that impact forecast precision
- Collaborate with various business partners, such as Sales Operations, Customer Support, Commercial Operations, Sales, FP&A, Credit and Collections, and others
- Manage and supervise the month-end and quarter-end revenue close process activities, including review of journal entries, review of account reconciliations, and analyses
- Primary responsibility for leading M&A accounting including deal diligence, quality of earnings analysis, if applicable
- Lead M&A finance due diligence efforts, including planning, due diligence review, technical accounting position, opening balance sheet, purchase price allocation and finance integration planning, when applicable
- Work actively with external and internal auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with U.S. GAAP and all technical pronouncements
- Ensure SOX compliance for revenue cycle
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Ability to combine technical abilities, business acumen and U.S. GAAP knowledge to develop and deliver solutions for business partners and senior management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership, deliver on commitments
- Must be team player as teamwork and collaboration are one our core values
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Eight to ten years of revenue experience, including managing revenue in a publicly traded company and dealing with revenue-related technical accounting issues. At least four years of BIg 4 experience preferred
- Bioscience, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, technology, or laboratory services industry experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- International and multi-site experience preferred
- Experience working in rapid, start-up-like environment
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.