Key Account Manager, NGS - China
The Key Account Manager, will work to establish and grow Twist’s market position in the area of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products. Primarily the Account Manager will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with managing, maintaining and growing strategic, high value accounts within China. The role will require developing strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions.
The Key Account Manager, NGS will report to the Key Account Leader, China and will work to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow business partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other related companies and academics institutes in the implementation of Twist’s technologies in the fields of Next generation sequencing.
The Key Account Manager, NGS will occasionally work with the existing sales team and assist in creating, uncovering, establishing, developing and closing opportunities, contracts and agreements with customers, collaborators.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prospect and create leads of potential customers, collaborators and partners that will generate revenues from the NGS portfolio.
- Generate, drive and secure a continuous deal flow of NGS sales to customers and partners that will lead to high value commercial agreements.
- Create contracts outlining the pricing associated with the account based on a number of factors such as sample volume.
- Work collaboratively with the Field Application Support (FAS) team to provide technical support for customers when required.
- Sell Twist products and effectively close NGS orders and establish collaboration and partnership contracts.
- Support, maintain and grow current and newly entered customer relationships, collaborations and partnerships in an alliance management role to foster satisfied, customer-focused development and/or commercial partnerships
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential customer, collaborator and partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified revenue pipeline
- Work collaboratively with TWIST marketing to create product exposure and build TWIST brand in China.
- Ensure that opportunities are kept up to date in SFDC for senior manager visibility.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills. In-depth understanding of the requirements in industrial applications, enabling them to build strong relationships with key customers, understanding their requirements and being able to propose solutions during on site visits.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written; as well as presentation/influential skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% in China.
- Requires a master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimal of 3-5 years technical experience in the NGS area.
- A background in technical sales and support is preferred.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.