Director - Antibody Characterization
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
This director-level, management position provides support for bioanalytical characterization for a variety of therapeutic candidates. This role oversees our Antibody Characterization department and is responsible for managing, optimizing and troubleshooting a range of workflows including immunoassays, affinity analysis, functional assays and protein isolation/characterization.
- Lead and develop a team of scientists and research associates in our Antibody Characterization department.
- Provide end-to-end guidance (assay development, execution, analysis and data reporting) in areas including high-throughput ELISA, flow cytometry, kinetic assays (BLI and SPR), functional screening, and general protein characterization.
- Critically analyze and present data to facilitate antibody lead selection for a variety of concurrent discovery programs.
- Work closely with the Project Management team to communicate timelines and deliverables.
- Work closely with all scientific departments and senior management to ensure excellent management of all activities and communication.
- Promote growth of the team and create internal research project ideas for the team to execute to contribute to company growth.
- Work closely with members of senior management to promote new product ideas and support more global company growth.
- Stay up to date with recent developments in antibody discovery methods and technologies - help guide the progression of our laboratory capabilities and future improvements in the bioanalytical group.
- PhD in related technical field with 8+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical analytical development or BS/MS with 12+ years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of biologics characterization assays: extensive experience required in ELISA, FACS and SPR/BLI with Carterra and ForteBio Octet.
- Very strong knowledge of SDS-PAGE, CE, and HPLC.
- Very strong track record of developing, executing, and analyzing common assay formats for biologics discovery such as high throughput screening, epitope binning, ligand blocking analysis, affinity analysis, and developability assays.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment that hinges on overlapping projects and sensitive workflow timelines.
- Advanced understanding of in vivoantibody discovery.
- Proven ability to assess, interpret, and present complex scientific data effectively and with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Proven management skills for both projects and larger groups of workers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focused, problem-solving mentality to address projects and logistics
See more open positions at Twist Bioscience
Something looks off?