Director- Laboratory Operations
Twist Biopharma is looking for a Laboratory Operations Leader. The position will report directly to our General Manager. The successful candidate will support the Biopharma scientific team by maintaining premium equipment, facilities, and safety standards. The role requires a team player who thrives in a faced paced environment and collaborates with cross functional teams to instill operational excellence bridging the science with logistics and infrastructure. This role requires supporting our highly effective in vivo Antibody Discovery research team and ensuring training, safety, data integrity and compliance are captured in a meaningful way.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage individual contributors that support the laboratory teams, including laboratory managers and laboratory support associates
- Monitor laboratory consumable levels and replenish as needed, placing and expediting orders as needed
- Support Project Management and Business Development on reagent sourcing and pricing
- Support purchase of consumables, service plans, key project reagents, and operational services such as gas and dry ice supporting laboratory activities
- Oversee the shipping and receiving logistics and provide direct support where needed to improve processes and templates
- Supervise the reagent formulation preparation and inventory cataloguing for screening and immunization materials
- Lead or support continuous process improvements of overall laboratory function, including but not limited to instrumentation upgrade, LIMS implementation, improved storage and reagent processes.
- Coordinate with key team leads to formalize SOPs and collaborate with QA to update on an annual basis
- Build and maintain training logs for laboratory personnel
- Plan and build justification for additional capital expenditures, identifying efficient and budget friendly ways to improve processes and maximize productivity.
- Coordinate management of maintenance schedule with Facilities to ensure equipment and instrumentation are on regular performance maintenance plans, executing service contracts, and coordinating service repair when needed
- Oversee and maintain a safe and healthy laboratory workspace, supporting Facilities where needed for employee safety training protocols and procedures
- Maintain and update laboratory information systems by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; training employees
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- A proven track record for implementing operational change to increase efficiency and productivity in a laboratory environment
- A highly organized leader and manager with demonstrated capabilities in lab and facilities management
- Interpersonal skills supporting collaboration in cross-functional teams for optimal communication and productivity
- Supportive and professional contributor that displays company core values in daily activities, fostering a team focused on united goals
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?