Product Line Specialist, IgG Production
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in Wilsonville, near Portland, Oregon. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep synthetic biology manufacturing on track in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Product Line Specialist is a technical expert who will work closely with other laboratory staff, supervisors and managers to ensure the daily success of Twist’s Synthetic Biology production schedule. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very neat and organized, have excellent molecular biology skills, contribute to process improvement and documentation, and communicate effectively with peers / management. Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) is important. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting day-to-day lab operations and troubleshooting for commonly used equipment and protocols.
- Coordinating production planning and observing shipment planning.
- Designing and performing experiments, collecting data and analyzing results.
- Troubleshooting production incidents and triaging JIRA tickets.
- Identifying and implementing continuous process improvement.
- Creating training processes and maintaining training records.
- Providing excellent customer service and product support to the field sales team.
- Working collaboratively with diverse teams under aggressive timelines.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Preferable a bachelors of Science biology, chemistry or biochemistry, or relevant industry experience
- 2+ years lab experience preferably in MFG environment
- Strong background in Molecular Biology Techniques involving DNA
- Proven experience using laboratory liquid handling automation
- Previous experience working with Synthetic Biology is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation and organizational skills.
- Sharp data interpretation capability
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?