Senior Manager, Software QA Engineering
Senior Manager, Software QA Engineering
At Twist Bioscience, we help our customers change the world for the better. Our DNA- based tools are enabling researchers across a variety of scientific disciplines to achieve groundbreaking discoveries. We continue to drive biological innovations aimed at making the world safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Software QA Engineering to lead a team of Software QA Engineers and Performance Engineers through the design, implementation, testing, and support of our mission-critical manufacturing, business operations, and eCommerce applications.
What You’ll Be Doing:
● Lead a team of Software QA and Performance Engineers to deliver scalably and feature-rich distributed applications for large customer bases
● Create software quality specifications
● Review technical design documents and provide feedback
● Create robust software test plans and test cases
● Plan and coordinating software quality testing activities
● Develop and track QA metrics, such as defect rates and open defect counts
● Stay current with new testing tools and test strategies
● Advance automated testing solutions and coverage
● Deliver high quality tested software to maintain confidence in software releases
● Design and implement QA processes, frameworks, and participate in software testing tool selection
● Drive alignment between multiple stakeholders from both engineering and business
● Partner with business, product, engineering and infrastructure teams to build scalable automation solutions to continuously improve reliability
● Align technical investments with strategic business goals
● Lead engineering best practices efforts and streamline agile/software development methodologies.
● Partner with business and technical leaders to build multi-year software testing technology vision, strategy, and roadmaps
● Measure and review operational metrics (KPIs) to identify areas of improvement that support delivery of quality software
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● 9+ years experience working in the field of Software QA and Automation
● 5+ years QA management experience leading global QA teams
● 2+ years of experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
● Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
● Hands on experience with multiple Test automation frameworks & Test Planning for FE / BE / API & 3rd party applications.
● Experience in writing automation tests using Selenium WebDriver & Jmeter
● Experienced in building integration & nonfunctional test frameworks for UI, API, Performance, and Security
● Experience with Cloud technologies & CI\CD pipelines including AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
● Advanced software design, coding, debugging, and support skills
● Strong working experience in BDD / TDD methodologies using Java, Selenium, and Cucumber frameworks
● Skilled in leading technical evaluations, selection, and customization of Test Automation tools & infrastructure requirements.
● Experience with React, Angular, TypeScript
● Deep experience with backend technologies such as node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, and Python
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to multi-task and navigate startup culture
● Great team player who enjoys mentoring and sharing knowledge
● Excellent communication and coordination skills
● No biology experience required - but we are looking for someone who loves to learn outside their field
● Manufacturing or eCommerce domain experience preferred
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?