IT Desktop Support Technician II
Welcome To Twist!
Do you want to join a company whose purpose is to make the world a better place? If so, then
Twist Bioscience is the company for you. Twist’s mission to provide researchers with quality
tools to help empower them to change the world, and we’d like you to join the team.
Twist is proud to be “Great Place To Work – Certified”, and look for the best talent in their fields
to fulfill our mission of making the world a better place.
● Serve as member of the Global IT Support Team located in South San Francisco, CA
supporting ~300 onsite teammates.
● Collaborate with members of the Global IT Support Desk to provide exceptional
service to onsite and remote employees and contractors globally.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and work limited guidance from IT leadership.
● Image, configure, and deploy Mac and PC endpoints as appropriate.
● Ability to work comfortably in a laboratory environment.
● Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve Incidents in a timely manner.
● Document all issues in the company’s Service Management System.
● Escalate Incidents as appropriate.
● Manage employee access to Enterprise systems using established procedures.
● Assist in the creation of meaningful knowledgebase articles and educate other
members of the Global IT Service Desk.
● Participate in new hire orientation to ensure a smooth onboarding for new Twisters.
● Understanding of basic network skills to assist with onsite troubleshooting of
equipment as needed in partnership with Twist’s Network Infrastructure Team.
● Ability to support enterprise Audio/Visual needs in conference rooms and on individual
endpoints (laptops, tablets, phones, etc.)
● Ensure accuracy of Asset Management system by recording deployments,
exchanges, and decommission of corporate devices.
● Participate in the Global IT Service Desk On-Call rotation.
● Complete other assigned tasks as needed.
● Manage account provisioning through Active Directory, Office 365, Google
Workspace, LogMeIn, Ring Central, and Atlassian Jira & Confluence
● 3 to 5 years of experience of IT Support (Biopharma experience preferred.)
● Active Directory admin experience.
● Google Enterprise admin experience.
● Experience supporting G-Suite products is required.
● Experience with Slack support.
● Experience installing and supporting Zoom.
● Expert in Mac and Windows hardware and operating systems. Twist is 90% MacOS
and 10% Windows OS.
● Experiencing supporting hybrid/remote employees is required.
● Experience utilizing Best Practices with Enterprise Service Management solutions (i.e.
Jira, ServiceNow, FreshService.)
● Proficient in use and creation of knowledgebase material (examples are appreciated.)
● Knowledge of network principals, and experience with troubleshooting network equipment is preferred.
● JAMF experience is a plus.
● Office365 admin experience is a plus
● ITIL foundation certification is a plus.
● Experience working in a Lab environment with GMP knowledge is a plus.
● Interest in the biotech industry, and a desire to help make the world a better place.
● Possess a passion to help your customers complete the best work of their careers!
Education and Certification
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience.
● ACSP (Apple Certified Support Professional) is a plus
● ITIL Foundation Certification is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?