Scientist, Antibody Characterization
Twist is seeking a Scientist to join our growing antibody characterization team. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to designing and performing high-throughput antibody characterization assays using SPR and BLI technologies (required) as well as other immunoassay and bioanalytical platforms such as ELISA and FACS (nice to have).
This position is an integral part of our Bioanalytics team. Using state-of-the art technologies and workflows, this Scientist will simultaneously work on multiple custom antibody discovery projects, provide scientific support to team members, advance scientific capabilities, and ensure that project-specific deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Independently design, execute, and troubleshoot SPR and BLI-based assays, including binding kinetics, blocking, affinity, competition, and epitope binning
- Provide guidance in assay development, execution, analysis, and data reporting in such areas as kinetic assays, functional screening, epitope binning, and downstream antibody characterization
- Develop and standardize novel assays as required during the custom antibody discovery process
- Actively provide training and mentorship to newer scientists and research associates
- Review and advise team members with respect to experimental design and data analysis
- Critically analyze and present data to facilitate antibody lead selection for a variety of concurrent discovery programs
- Ensure that all the instruments are in optimal operating condition at all times
- Work closely with Operations, other scientific teams, and Project Management to ensure efficient communication, teamwork, and project coordination.
- Remain current with recent developments in antibody discovery methods and technologies
- Facilitate expansion of our bioanalytical capabilities and process improvements
- PhD in a related scientific field such as Biology or Biochemistry with 1-2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical analytical development or BS/MS with 5+ years of experience
- Advanced understanding of antibody discovery methods, specifically antibody characterization
- Strong knowledge and extensive wet-lab experience performing antibody characterization assays including SPR/BLI (required), ELISA (nice to have), and functional assays (nice to have)
- Strong track record of developing, executing, and analyzing common assay formats for antibody discovery such as high through-put epitope binning, ligand blocking, and kinetics
- Experience in protein chemistry such as protein analytics and protein purification is a plus
- Experience in ELISA and flow cytometry assay development is a plus
- Able to independently manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment that hinges on overlapping projects and sensitive workflow timelines
- Able to operate, maintain and troubleshoot Octet and Carterra LSA platforms
- Proven ability to effectively assess, interpret, and present complex scientific data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focused, solutions-focused mentality
Something looks off?