Director, Upstream Antibody Discovery
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team and expand our antibody discovery capabilities. Using state-of-the-art technology coupled with intelligent project and assay design, the candidate would accelerate our upstream process and guide selection of ideal single B cells, hybridoma clones and stable cell lines. Highly qualified candidates will be able to combine exemplary benchwork with the ability to analyze complex data sets and translate them into actionable, intelligible data reports.
- Build and lead a world-class therapeutic antibody discovery team, mentoring and developing the team of scientists to grow professionally and assume roles of higher responsibility
- Play a core role in optimizing and standardizing current antibody discovery techniques, establishing SOPs and KPIs to ensure reproducible, high-quality results in client projects.
- Optimize protocols and workflows for efficient and high-quality data acquisition and analysis for upstream antibody discovery processes.
- Troubleshoot core upstream antibody discovery processes and results for individual projects.
- Oversee multiple core departments in the antibody discovery process, including but not limited to, Vivarium, B Cell Screening, Cell Culture, and Molecular Biology
- Establish new core technologies for single B cell screening and hybridoma antibody discovery workflows.
- Work closely with Project Management teams to interface with partners and field technical questions related to the departments that are overseen. Contribute to internal and external discussions as a Technical Expert on all aspects of the upstream antibody discovery workflow.
- Deliver internal and external presentations to effectively communicate Twist Boston’s capabilities and strengths.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on antibody discovery trends and provide internal and external recommendations for both individual projects and core workflows.
- Remain current in and evaluate new approaches to therapeutic antibody discovery and expression, building solid business cases for adopting new techniques and offering new services to partners.
- Proficiency with all aspects of a high-performing antibody discovery process, including having significant experience with in vivo antibody discovery technology, and antibody characterization.
- Experience with implementing and streamlining therapeutic antibody discovery processes, with a track record of optimizing teams and techniques to improve reproducibility and reduce project timelines
- Must have specific experience working on membrane targets.
- Demonstrate that your research has been published in high-impact academic journals.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of being able to interact with the team and across functions effectively and successful experience leading a group, and overseeing multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience leading/mentoring a team
- Minimum educational background includes a MS/PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?