Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Tune is looking for a critical thinker and a team player to join our Chromatography Analytics and Assay Development group within the Product Development team to support our cutting-edge epi-editing programs. As a Scientist at Tune, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. In this role, you will be responsible for developing chromatography-based methods to characterize LNPs, oligonucleotides and other biological molecules manufactured for epigenome editing. You will report to the Principal Scientist in the Product Development team.
- Independently develop, optimize, and execute analytical methods intended for product characterization, high throughput analysis, and characterization of LNP and oligonucleotides utilizing ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), mass spectrometry (MS)/ evaporative light scattering detector (ELSD) to assess purity, structural integrity and confirm composition.
- Routine maintenance of UPLC-ELSD, mass spectrometer and other analytical instrumentation as necessary to ensure proper performance.
- Participate in troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation and prepare well-written scientific reports.
- Mentor/train junior staff on method, data analysis, and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (reports, records, and lab notebooks).
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, or related fields (PhD: 0-3 years, MS: 3-5 years, BS: 5+ years in Pharma or Biotech)
- Hands on experience developing and troubleshooting analytical methods for LNP and oligonucleotides characterization using UPLC-ELSD (IP-RP, IEX, HILIC) and MS
- Advanced competence in operating and troubleshooting HPLC/UPLC instrumentation
- Experience in mass spectrometry techniques is a plus
- Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN)
- Demonstrate collaboration skills working cross functionally and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new technologies quickly and assess potential in overcoming current scientific obstacles.
The starting compensation range for this role is from $105,000 – 135,000 annually (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!