Scientist, Ex Vivo
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Tune Therapeutics is seeking a Scientist to join the Ex Vivo team. We are looking for a critical thinker and team player to contribute to our efforts to develop novel approaches to guide differentiation of iPSCs into various cell types. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development and application of high-throughput screening and genomics technologies in various cellular contexts.
This role will be based in Seattle, WA.
The candidate will have the following technical responsibilities:
- Assist in the design, execution, analysis, and communication of experiments to develop screening technologies for Tune’s epi-editing based differentiation platform
- Perform 2D and 3D differentiations of iPSCs into various target cell types
- Responsible for design and generation of custom screening libraries
- Design and execute high-throughput genetic screens for various cellular phenotypes
- Independently analyze experimental outcomes using a variety of functional, molecular, and cellular assays
- Epigenetically characterize differentiated cells using common genomics assays (e.g. bulk and single cell transcriptomics, chromatin profiling)
- Maintain an organized schedule and accurate lab documentation.
- Maintain lab equipment and reagents.
Education and Experience Required:
- PhD with 0-3 years, MS with 3-5 years, or BS with 5+ years of experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or Life Sciences
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with others
- Expertise in NGS library prep from bulk or single cell samples
- Expertise with iPSC culture and differentiation into various lineages
- Experience with transient and stable delivery of nucleic acid to cells
- Experience with recombinant DNA cloning methods
- Experience or familiarity with execution of high-throughput genetic screens
- Familiarity with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing or epigenetic editing approaches
- Familiarity with approaches for genomic data analysis
- Strong attention to detail and ability to carefully follow complex protocols
- Strong communication skills in technical writing, documentation, and oral presentation
The starting compensation range for this role is from $105,000 – 135,000 annually (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!