Data Scientist, Bioinformatics
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company developing novel epigenome modifiers for the treatment of disease, with interests in both cell and gene therapy. Across our Durham and Seattle sites, our team brings together committed scientists with expertise ranging from basic scientific discovery to clinical development. We are excited about discovery-stage science as well as translating new technologies to improve patient health in the clinic.
As a Data Scientist in Bioinformatics at Tune Therapeutics, you will play a pivotal role in unearthing novel insights and unleashing the full potential of varied and intricate datasets generated across our diverse programs. We are seeking data scientists who possess not only persistence and resourcefulness but also a commitment to leveraging our pioneering epigenome technology to advance patient care.
In this role, you will apply your expertise in exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, and bioinformatics to help drive the science of our programs forward. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with other data and laboratory scientists analyzing and visualizing and disseminating large, complex data sets that are critical to our research and product development efforts.
Overall, your contributions will be instrumental in maximizing the value of our data, improving our products, bringing our epigenome technology closer to patients, and advancing our understanding of complex diseases and how to treat them.
Tune Therapeutics is rapidly growing yet still a small enough organization to provide each team member the opportunity to broaden their skill set in numerous ways. Ideal candidates will value continual learning, the opportunity to apply state of the art data science technologies to difficult and exciting biological problems while helping to foster an environment of collaboration and inclusion.
This position can be based in Durham, NC, Seattle, WA, or remotely.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and generate data visualization to extract novel insights from data sets such as RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, methyl-seq, and ChIP-seq
- Develop new, and execute existing, computational workflows for non-trivial and complex data sets such as pooled CRISPR screens and bulk/single-cell NGS assays
- Aid in the development of new computational tools for designing and assaying novel epi-genome editors
- Integrate large datasets across multiple modalities to aid in the development of new, and characterization of existing products and programs.
- Help develop and expand the company's data management and data analytics platforms
- Identify and share new algorithms and data science technologies
- Carefully document work and code and communicate results to team members and the wider company through oral presentations and written reports
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS with 6+ years, MSc with 2-4 years, or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, engineering, or other similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience performing computational science in a team environment, preferably within the biotech industry.
- Experience working with large datasets of biological data such as those generated by NGS.
- Demonstrated experience in using statistical and machine learning methods to extract information and quantitative conclusions from complex bioinformatic data sets.
- Experience using a programming language (prefer Python or R) for analysis and processing of NGS data in cloud-based environments (experience with AWS, Git or Docker is a plus).
- Proficiency in open-source data science tools such as pandas, scikit-learn, numpy, and tidyverse.
- Experience communicating complex topics to a diverse group of stakeholders.
The starting compensation range for this role is from $100,000 – $140,000 annually (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!