Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Tune Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and talented accounting professional to join a thriving, fast-paced organization. The Accounting Manager will be an instrumental player in the month end close process, will be responsible for assisting with developing and implementing new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization, and assist with enhancing companywide internal controls, financial reports, enhanced analytics, and cash flow management. This role can be based in Durham, NC, Seattle, WA, or remotely.
- Perform and assist with month-end and quarter end close accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries for ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Review of P&L accounts to resolve classification issues
- Ensure that reconciliations, supporting schedules and analysis are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with the monthly closing schedule
- Preparation of financials for monthly reporting for bank and investor compliance
- Working knowledge of purchasing and receiving and the ability to interface with external third parties/vendors
- Review invoice and expense reports for proper general ledger coding
- Partner with VP of Finance to develop and update annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Provide Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Monitor and review new accounting pronouncements and implement where necessary
- Assist with specific projects and initiatives unique to a fast-growing biotechnology start-up, such as system implementations and updates and business process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 5-8 years of experience
- CPA and 2-3 years of Big Four public accounting experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of biotechnology or life science industry experience preferred
- Substantial experience with GAAP financial reporting
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Ability to work within and meet all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
The starting compensation range for this role is from $110,000 – $150,000 annually (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!