Senior Director or Vice President, Human Resources
Tune Therapeutics, Inc. is orchestrating the power of the epigenome to treat complex, pervasive diseases that have long eluded treatment. With its versatile and powerful TEMPO epigenomic control platform, Tune’s experienced team is pioneering a new therapeutic modality that can fine-tune any gene network. In breaking free from the limitations of traditional gene and cell therapies, Tune is developing solutions for even the most challenging and intractable diseases – and building the capacity to transform human health and medicine.
Reporting to the President & CFO, the Head of Human Resources is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of comprehensive Human Resources strategies, policies, and programs across the company. The Head of Human Resources will build and lead department of high- functioning HR professionals responsible for recruiting, retaining, and developing their talented team.
This is an office-based position located in either of the company’s co-headquarters in Durham, NC or Seattle, WA. For a limited period, this role will be able to function remotely.
- Create and implement a clear performance management system within growing company across all functions, aligning company objectives through people’s daily responsibilities and job descriptions with measurable and time-bound outcomes
- Implement leadership development and management training to continuously improve effectiveness of coaching for all organizational people leaders
- Lead employee learning and development efforts to support key business objectives, including A) ensuring clear job descriptions for all employees with appropriate required competencies for success, B) implementation of employee development plans and hard-skill training for all functions to propel organizational capability- R&D through commercialization function experience preferred, and C) conduct succession planning for key organizational roles for all levels
- Create and implement processes and policies ensuring that diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Tune’s best-in-class talent acquisition and retention
- Oversee compensation and remuneration
- Work with management of all levels on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational. Provide effective consultative services to management and staff on a wide range of human resource topics; provide constructive feedback to employees and managers, as appropriate.
- Inspire and develop the HR team to continue to be a high-performing asset of the business that evolves practices as the business evolves
- Translate strategic and tactical business plans into actionable HR strategy and practices. In collaboration with other organizational leaders, develop, enhance, and lead the organizational learning and development strategy.
- Partner with Finance in overseeing organizational headcount budget, people related costs and departmental budget
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
- Oversee and ensure that rewards programs are comprehensive, competitive, and in alignment with business goals
- Model Tune’s culture and champion their core values, leading initiatives to retain and strengthen company culture
- Evaluate, select, and deploy technology solutions as required
- Oversee the HR budget
- Manage, communicate, and educate on legal and regulatory requirements, including EEO/AAP, ERISA, Wage and Hour issues, federal and state labor standards, etc. in multi-state and local jurisdictions
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or HR certifications preferred
- A minimum 12-15 years of experience for Senior Director or 13-18 years of experience for Vice President experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources; minimum of 5 years in a senior-level human resources position managing teams
- Broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of human resources including talent management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, and organizational design
- Highly creative, collaborative, and thrives in a dynamic, dispersed, and diverse matrixed environment.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender trust, credibility, and confidence within and outside the company; must be a relationship builder.
- Experience leading organizational capability builds in companies going in the R&D stage is a plus but not required
- Prior experience performing on/within executive team/C-level, and partnering with senior level functional leaders to understand the interface where HR can support and propel each team’s responsibilities
- Previous experience at a research-based and clinical-based organization a plus but not required
- In-depth knowledge of domestic human resource processes, employment legislation, and legal regulation
- High social and emotional intelligence with experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor
- Ability to align culture and strategic change
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills, great attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to coach and counsel at all levels
- Ability to partner and communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in change management and rapidly growing businesses
The starting compensation range for this role is from $210,000-$255,000 annually for a Senior Director or $245,000-$300,000 annually for a Vice President (adjusted for location), based on skills, education and experience that is relevant to the position. Other components of total compensation include annual bonus and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Explore Passionately. Innovate Boldly. Execute Selflessly. Come bring the song to life!