Sr Frontend Developer
TMRW Life Sciences, Inc.
Senior / Lead Frontend Developer
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, resourceful, thoughtful, smart, entrepreneurial team member who has a passion for our mission and shares our values. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, celebrate winning as a team and be resourceful in finding, creating and implementing solutions. They will balance moving swiftly and thoroughly with ensuring that they are contributing to our collaborative team environment. They will care equally about achieving excellent results and ensuring everyone involved feels a valued part of the team. This person will be a key ambassador for our company.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, CI/CD, software deployment for medical device, as well as experience managing and leading cross-functional technical teams.
Very well developed softskills like effective communication, ability to resolve complex problems, move around to learn more and build bridges with all teams across the organization will be critical to success. This role is located in our NYC Office.
- Build UI front-end with Vue/React for healthcare data products.
- Help define/design features for the product supporting the Design Team in an agile environment.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using Vue/React concepts.
- Writing and reviewing Unit, Integration, and E2E tests - with a Test-Driven (TDD) approach.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance and security.
- Deliver user-facing visualizations.
- Coordinate with DevOps and Data Architecture teams to define data schematics and workflow.
- Translate user requirements into interactively designed interfaces for applications/products.
- Support UX Design.
Leadership & Team Development
- Manage and coach a team of talented in-house and off-shore front-end software engineers.
- Own and refine architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products.
- Maintain a culture that focuses on quality, continuous improvement and learning opportunities.
- Hands on development
- Manage deliverables for the team
R&D and Innovation
- Stay abreast of new technology innovations and best practices and bring ideas to the Technology team as to how we can apply these new technologies within TMRW
- Work closely with Technology team as well as other functions to innovate and ideate on what is possible based on what is new and best in class
- Be viewed as in-house expert on new and innovative software development tools & trends
- Work with the Innovation Team to apply learnings from other areas and clinics in the development of TMRW product strategy, prioritization and commercial opportunities
- Work with innovation team on projects like machine vision, end to end specimen management in a lab
- Help design, document and implement new architectures as identified
- Proven initiative and ability to champion a project from conception through to implementation.
- Strong desire to grow developers and improve existing practices to produce high-quality software.
- Experience working in a test-driven development, or strong desire to implement and improve testing practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Front-End technologies like CSS and CSS Preprocessors (SASS, SCSS) , HTML/5, and most commonly used FE tools like Tailwind/Bootstrap, CSS Preprocessors, Webpack, NPM, NVM, and Yarn.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Cypress, Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Angular, React, Backbone, Ember.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Good project management skills (Jira).
- Excellent communication skills. Well-developed ability to clearly communicate, understand and resolve complex problems.
- Mobile UX familiarity.
- Ability to move comfortably in a fast paced Agile environment.
You must be an enterprising self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and focused on flawless execution. You will win by turning ideas into action, strategy into tangible execution that will create value for TMRW and our customers. You will work closely with the technology team, development team and company stakeholders to ensure that the needs of the organization are delivered on time and within budget.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in managing team high performance teams
- 5+ years of practical experience supporting Kubernetes.
- 7+ years of practical experience supporting Linux.
- 5+ years of practical experience with cloud-based infrastructure.
- Have demonstrated experience writing code in bash, golang, or python.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Elasticsearch.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines as well as with git-ops practices for managing infrastructure.
- You’re an excellent communicator and consider yourself to be highly organized.
- Familiarity with Java, HIPAA, Icinga, SaltStack, Google Cloud, Terraform or Gitlab is a plus.
- You are a curious collaborator and strong team player
TMRW Life Science’s mission is to safeguard life’s most precious cells. We design technology that provides safety and transparency to modernize and transform IVF. Our platform revolutionizes the management, identification, tracking, storage and care of frozen eggs and embryos used in IVF. Developed in partnership with leading fertility doctors and embryologists, TMRW’s technology will play a central role in the births of tens of millions of people in the coming years by setting a new standard of care in the IVF industry.
Our team includes many pioneering leaders in clinical medicine, reproductive biology, embryology, and cryogenic biobanking who have synthesized their collective knowledge, vision, and experience in the development of the TMRW platform. We’re committed to bringing together a diverse, cross-disciplinary team to achieve our mission — and we’re always looking for more innovators to join us in creating a better tomorrow.
At TMRW, we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment where harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and team members to uphold these commitments.
We look for people who share our values. They are our promise to each other and the guideposts for our day-to-day work.
Our TMRW values:
Integrity is our non-negotiable.
Excellence is our standard.
Collaboration is how we win.
Trailblazing is our spirit.
Service is our passion.
Care is at the heart of everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMRW Life Sciences, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and including work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
The pay range for this position is: $120,000 - $140,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at this time. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.