Biorepository Operations Embryologist - NYC based
TMRW Life Sciences, Inc.
Biorepository Operations Embryologist - NYC Based
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, resourceful, thoughtful, smart, entrepreneurial team member who has a passion for our mission and shares our values. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, celebrate winning as a team and be resourceful in finding, creating and implementing solutions. They will balance moving swiftly and thoroughly with ensuring that they are contributing to our collaborative team environment. They will care equally about achieving excellent results and ensuring everyone involved feels a valued part of the team. This person will be a key ambassador for our company.
The successful candidate is a quick learner who will be comfortable in a start-up environment and thrive on finding creative solutions. There is no playbook outside of the mission we share and the values we embrace.
This role is responsible for ensuring safe, 24/7 monitored storage of cryopreserved fertility specimens by harnessing TMRW’s proprietary suite of platform technologies. This role is located in our New York City office.
- You will manage and perform activities and processes related to tracking, accessioning, storage, retrieval and transport of cryopreserved patient specimens.
- You will ensure the timely acquisition and delivery of cryopreserved IVF specimens to support our network of fertility clinic partners and direct patient customers.
- You will develop a collaborative relationship with TMRW’s tissue bank director and cross-functional departments at TMRW Life Sciences.
- You will train and partner with BioR Associates/Embryologists to provide high quality specimen inventory management, to include safe specimen handling, chain of custody and witnessing, and process documentation.
- You will be accountable for ensuring accurate specimen inventory and safe specimen integrity is maintained and documented while under TMRW’s care.
- You will support the development and continuous improvement of robust Standard Operating Procedures to guarantee the highest quality laboratory and specimen management standards are followed.
- You will travel (driving the TMRW vehicle at times) to client locations to drop off, prepare for shipment and /or pick up patient specimens for delivery to the TMRW Biorepository.
- You will be accountable for ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements, to include the FDA and NY State Department of Health.
- You will manage the maintenance of all equipment, to include our fleet of vapor shippers, shipment monitoring devices and cryorobots.
- You may be required to respond to off-hour biorepository-related emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
You must be an enterprising self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and focused on flawless execution. You will win by turning ideas into action, strategy into tangible execution that will create value for TMRW and our customers. You will work closely with our Biorepository team.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing biorepositories or tissue banks. Embryology experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of biorepository or tissue bank best practices and regulations.
- Experience as a technical writer - developing Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Experience and comfortable working with liquid nitrogen
- Ability to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- A valid driver’s license
- Ready to navigate complex solutions and create sustainable and scalable operational processes
- You are articulate, proactive, driven to succeed, and have exceptional attention to detail
- You are a curious collaborator and strong team player
TMRW Life Science’s mission is to safeguard life’s most precious cells. We design technology that provides safety and transparency to modernize and transform IVF. Our platform revolutionizes the management, identification, tracking, storage and care of frozen eggs and embryos used in IVF. Developed in partnership with leading fertility doctors and embryologists, TMRW’s technology will play a central role in the births of tens of millions of people in the coming years by setting a new standard of care in the IVF industry.
Our team includes many pioneering leaders in clinical medicine, reproductive biology, embryology, and cryogenic biobanking who have synthesized their collective knowledge, vision, and experience in the development of the TMRW platform. We’re committed to bringing together a diverse, cross-disciplinary team to achieve our mission — and we’re always looking for more innovators to join us in creating a better tomorrow.
At TMRW, we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment where harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and team members to uphold these commitments.
We look for people who share our values. They are our promise to each other and the guideposts for our day-to-day work.
Our TMRW values:
Integrity is our non-negotiable.
Excellence is our standard.
Collaboration is how we win.
Trailblazing is our spirit.
Service is our passion.
Care is at the heart of everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMRW Life Sciences, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and including work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
The pay range for this position is: $110,000 - $125,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at this time. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.