Software Engineer, Platform Data Science
Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced full-stack software engineer. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Science (CDS) team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data pipelines and user interfaces that power our tArray wet-lab experimentation platform. More specifically, the candidate will be a member of the Platform Data Science group within CDS, which handles the data for tArray workflows including library synthesis, image processing, chip decoding, and screening.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Automate and productionize the data pipelines and tools used by the Platform Data Science group.
- Design, build, and maintain user interfaces for wet-lab scientists to visualize and interact with their data.
- Collaborate with the laboratory automation team to develop tools to ingest data from our microscope platform and other automated instruments.
- Work with the DevOps team to deploy and monitor these pipelines and tools.
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- Proficiency in Python, the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, etc.), and web frameworks like Streamlit or FastAPI
- Familiarity with wet-lab procedures and interest in learning more about this field · Experience in UI/UX design and soliciting feedback from end users (for an internally-facing product)
- Experience in all phases of the software lifecycle from planning to maintenance
- Familiarity with relational databases (MySQL) and proficiency in interacting with these via SQL and ORMs (Django)
- Familiarity with batch processing (Slurm, AWS Batch), workflow management (e.g. Airflow), and AWS cloud resources.
$116,000 - $165,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.