Clinical Sales Consultant - SF Bay Area
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future of medical diagnostics and therapies, and CRISPR / gene editing is only the beginning? We are looking for someone who is inspired by our mission, would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of a mature start-up company culture, and be able to represent the value of Synthego’s platform technologies.
A Clinical Sales Consultant is responsible and accountable for the execution of the critical business function of identifying, developing, and growing the company’s Cell Therapy target client base and our GMP product portfolio. This hands-on, individual contributor role requires active outbound sales and prospecting efforts, as well as close cooperation with our internal GMP support team.
**We are seeking a candidate that is based in the San Francisco Bay Area to cover the west coast territory most efficiently.
What You’ll Do
- Learn and evangelize the value proposition and message of how Synthego’s Bench to Clinic synthetic biology products support and improve the cell therapy process through better data-driven decisions, leading to an increased chance of success in the clinic.
- Focus and own revenue growth, with the goal of establishing Synthego as the primary supplier for genome editing products and services.
- Own, drive and close the entire sales cycle end-to-end, often in cooperation with our (in-house) Account Development (ADR) team, Commercial Development (CD), GMP Product, Quality, and Operations teams.
- Continuously build strong relationships with established Commercial companies, non-commercial Institutions, and Universities with cell therapy programs from bench scientists to senior leadership (all stakeholders).
- Map account structures (functional areas and personnel); identify and manage client profiles critical to closing a deal – influencers, budget owners, decision-makers, executive sponsor, etc.
- Travel time is ~50% (out of office meeting with customers)
- 5+ years of key account / large corporate technical sales experience in biotechnology / Life Sciences or a cell therapy company.
- Prior experience with GMP products and/or working knowledge of regulatory requirements of API in US and EU (i.e. ICH Q7).
- Strong experience in sales process management and professional sales techniques (e.g. Challenger, SPIN, Miller Heiman), negotiating 5-8 figure contracts and supply agreements, developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for account growth
- Strong existing network of contacts and working relationships within large biopharma accounts within your assigned territory that can be leveraged to find the ideal customers for Synthego’s GMP product and service offering
- Strong working knowledge of the Cell and Gene Therapy process
- Deep cell biology knowledge is needed to understand the customer research focus. Able to find areas of fit with the Synthego platforms, manage the technical conversation and sales process. Note that Synthego does not use a FAS support model.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales Operations, Product Management, Technical Support, Research, Operations, and other functions to optimize the balance between customer need and Synthego capabilities.
- Comfortable operating with uncertainty, the fast-paced and constant evolution of a start-up company, and competitive environments
- Highly detail-oriented needed to manage within a regulatory / GMP environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Nice to Haves
- 10+ years overall technical sales experience in an FDA regulated market
- Previous experience working as a bench scientist or researcher in cell therapy
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR or genome engineering / SynBio products/services
- Advanced degree in a Life Science field
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity at a rapid-growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
See more open positions at Synthego
Something looks off?