Scientist/Sr Scientist, Analytical Development
Strand Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company utilizing synthetic biology to genetically program mRNA to deliver truly revolutionary immunotherapies.
Building on the idea of creating smart therapies based on Boolean logic circuits, Strand was started by biological engineers working together at MIT who were seeking to apply the concept of the emerging field of mRNA therapeutics. This collaboration led them to build their own mRNA “programming language,” creating the world’s first platform for mRNA smart therapies.
The founders and scientific advisors of Strand Therapeutics are made up of well-known and highly regarded individuals in both academia and the biotech industry. Our corporate headquarters is located in the Fenway district of Boston, Massachusetts with an additional site based in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Become the next standout single strand!
Strand is looking to build a team that understands the value of working at a start-up. Joining the company now means having vast opportunities to learn and grow including having the exposure to all aspects of building a company. We are looking for people who have the enthusiasm and motivation to be a highly contributing member of a small team. This opportunity will offer the employee the ability to work closely with the founding team, as well as to form close partnerships with team members during the development and formation of the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Scientist/Sr Scientist, Analytical Development. The expectation is that the Scientist/Sr Scientist, Analytical Development will have experience leading mRNA analytical development efforts spanning from assay design to analytical test method transfer. Reporting to the Principal Scientist of Analytical Development, the right candidate will be a strategic thinker that brings a leadership presence and enthusiasm for Strand along with expertise in physicochemical, chromatographic, molecular, and cell-based assay development.
- Responsible for the design and development of robust physicochemical, chromatographic, molecular, and cell-based assays for support of in-process controls and final product release testing.
- Lead efforts to drive analytical innovations.
- Author and/or contribute to the technical review of supporting documents, reports, and change controls, including CMC sections for regulatory filings.
- Manage the analytical test method transfer to contract testing facilities by performing risk assessments, generating/reviewing assay development reports, reviewing test method protocols, and providing technical support.
- B.S. with 6-7+ years of directly related experience, M.S. with 5+ years of directly related experience, or PhD with 3+ years of directly related experience. Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Medicine, Genetics or related field preferred.
- This position requires conducting laboratory experiments, excellent documentation review and writing skills, and the flexibility to work on multiple projects as needed.
- In-depth understanding of analytical test methods of biologics, specifically RNA/LNP, including potency assay development with a proven track record of assay development in the gene therapy space is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with analytical test method transfers of release assays for manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of nucleic acid chemistry, enzymatic and chemical reactions, PCR, plasmid processing, and standard production techniques for RNA/LNP.
- Proficient with Waters control software.
- Experience with high throughput/automation platforms and statistical design of experiments (DoE) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of requirements for development of biologics including requirements for product comparability.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Knowledge of GMP/ICH/FDA regulations strongly preferred.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Strand offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, 401k, and commuter) and work/ life integration. Being part of the Strand team allows you to become part of a small team that supports professional development while working together to meet the company goals.
Strand Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Strand does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience