As a Product Manager, you are a customer and user advocate who collaborates with the product, design, and engineering teams to define the customer journey and work cross-functionally to manage product releases that align with Slope’s product vision and strategy. You are responsible for maximizing product value, contributing to sprint planning, and partnering with the engineering team to refine product backlog and you are involved in external-facing activities such as user interviews and meetings with potential customers.
- Refine and prioritize backlog in conjunction with cross-functional design and engineering teams, based on product goals and initiatives.
- Define acceptance criteria and collaborate with the engineering team to break down tasks into Jira tickets.
- Compose user stories and any essential product documentation/materials to effectively convey the value and purpose of our efforts.
- Coordinate release planning in alignment with the product strategy, in close collaboration with engineering and design leadership.
- Mitigate risks and roadblocks to achieving sprint and cycle goals.
- Monitor the progress of tasks and address any production challenges as they arise throughout the sprint.
- Deliver regular product health metric reports and updates to management.
- Communicate product updates to the organization.
- Collect and prioritize feedback from internal team members and address any questions or concerns.
- Address the immediate needs of end users and leverage tools like Canny and Intercom to analyze their preferences and requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a product owner or product manager role managing production stages of the product life cycle, working closely with software development teams, and releasing solutions to market in a timely manner.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Jira or similar product management software (e.g., Linear, AHA!, Intercom, etc.).
- Familiarity with product refinement and the establishment of acceptance criteria.
- Experience crafting user stories, formulating and breaking down requirements derived from Epics, and engaging in other similar product management processes.
- Experience working with software engineers and an understanding of software development and web technologies.
- Proficiency in data management and report analysis, with the capability to effectively convey insights from reports and facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Keen analytical abilities, meticulous attention to detail, and strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when interacting with team members, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Slope is in search of a passionate product manager/product owner with a capacity for displaying empathy and a deep enthusiasm for solving complex user problems and building intuitive solutions that address distinctive challenges within the clinical trial domain.
As an enthusiastic and collaborative team player, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you excel at prioritizing crucial deadlines while ensuring the quality of all deliverables, no matter their priority.
What truly sets you apart is your deep motivation rooted in a sense of purpose. You are the kind of individual who will consistently go the extra mile to serve the clinical trial patients who depend on Slope’s solutions. Your communication skills are top-notch, and you are adept at working seamlessly with a remote team, demonstrating punctuality and a willingness to provide constructive feedback.
If you embody these qualities, we would love to make you a part of our Product team.
Slope drives operational excellence for highly complex, sample-intensive clinical trials. Its clinical trial execution platform transforms chaotic clinical supply chains into protocol-specific operational workflows for sponsors, CROs, labs, and clinical research sites. Through Slope’s clinical inventory, sample management, and data-driven resupply solutions, the platform enables stakeholder collaboration, real-time visibility, traceable chain of custody, and risk mitigation. The results are improved trial outcomes including boosting patient enrollment and retention, reduction of supply waste, and adherence to study protocols, timelines, and budgets.
Slope has a fun, high-energy, fast-paced environment full of motivated, purpose-driven employees who practice our core values on a daily basis:
- Patients are paramount
- Better, faster, stronger
- Driven by data
- Job done, have fun
- Get Sloped!
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthcare savings accounts
- Employee-funded supplemental life insurance
- Employee-funded short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Nine paid holidays
- 15 PTO days
- Annual home office stipend