Field Application Scientist
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Our novel G4 benchtop sequencer is highly versatile and designed to rapidly produce accurate DNA sequencing results. And in development, the PX platform leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as a multi-omic in-situ readout for RNA and proteins for markets such as single cell and spatial analysis. Singular Genomics is committed to unlocking the potential of these core technologies to reshape the future of (gen)omics.
We foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence, both catalysts for innovation. We celebrate diversity, emphasize collaboration and, as we rapidly mature, we are constantly looking at ways we can do better for our people.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley.
The Team: Remote position, that will not only harness your scientific intelligence, but your emotional intelligence. As a member of the Singular Genomics FAS team, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative support team and be a key character in building lasting customer relationships.
The Position Summary: As a Field Application Scientist, you will be working closely with sales, service, and marketing to ensure customer success and satisfaction to advance adoption of the Singular Genomics platform. You will assist with the scientific strategy to contribute to revenue growth from commercial opportunities within the region and provides feedback to internal teams to support instrumentation design improvements, applications opportunities. You will be responsible for conducting trainings at customer sites and providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support. In conjunction with Technical Support, you will play a critical role for responding to issues and maintaining relationships with customers. Travel is to be expected.
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
What you will do:
- Engage with customers to educate, support and train them on Singular Genomics products and platforms and cultivate long term relationships.
- Pre-sales activities include seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers in the planning, design and execution of scientific projects to either support the purchase of an instrument or collaborative partnerships.
- Post-sales responsibilities include training new customers and scientifically partner with clients in project scoping and design elements to increase product adoption and usage and participate in the cultivation of revenue generating post-sales support and consultative opportunities.
- Conduct data analysis sessions and/or point to resources to enable regional customers to accelerate full adoption of technologies.
- Collaborate with customers to rapidly resolve problems through either on-site or remote troubleshooting as appropriate.
- Partner with the Commercial Team to identify opportunities through relationship building with end-users.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support Team and Applications Lab in supporting Customers and their applications.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and materials used by the Customer Support organization to improve the information and tools to advance the needs of Customers and to help to build a world-class customer support organization.
- Provide client and product feedback to internal teams as required.
- Document customer interactions in Salesforce.com.
- PhD. in a molecular biology/ genetics/ biochemistry or related field preferred.
- Prior customer facing experience is preferred. Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Experience or deep understanding of genomics, NGS applications, and methods.
- Some experience with spatial genomic technology.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Proficiency with general lab best practices and common Molecular Biology techniques.
- Requires excellent organizational abilities as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in delivering compelling scientific presentations to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals. Establish a plan to visit and/or communicate with each assigned customer on a frequency matching the customer’s needs and support requirements.
- Demonstrated capability of maintaining professional composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to travel for customer support and training.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SalesForce.com and other related software.
- Experience with and understanding of commonly used bioinformatics tools and programs.
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process.
- Based in the Boston area.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $82,800 - $116,100. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.