Staff Infrastructure Engineer
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our HQ location.
As our Staff Infrastructure Engineer, you will support and help build, automate, maintain and participate in the architecture and design of Singular Genomics enterprise systems and networks. You will be a key member of the Infrastructure and DevOps teams. This team is responsible for ensuring the stability, resilience and uptime of our on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise networking, virtualization, storage, automation, building solutions to deploy Infrastructure-As-A-Service (IaaS) in on-premises and in AWS environments.
Our Infrastructure/DevOps team normally spends 80% of their time working on enterprise infrastructure, automation, and systems engineering duties. The team spends 20% of their time supporting routine requests from our ticketing system, as well as escalations from our Service Desk.
- GPU Workload Virtualization: Architecting and deploying scalable virtualized servers to accelerate machine learning with Nvidia GPUs and high-performance compute.
- Infrastructure Automation: Creating secure virtual systems and software defined networks to support on-demand compute and storage needs for our R&D and internal teams.
- Participate in architecture of the next generation of the compute and architecture our G4 Sequencing Platform .
- Be a key contributor and participate in one or more of the enterprise architecture projects with the refresh of enterprise networking, storage and security.
- Be a “go to” and “escalation point” helping support our Service Desk team when they need help solving critical issues and problems.
- 7+ yrs of practical experience working in a senior infrastructure or DevOps role.
- Experience with Windows 10, 11, Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022, Ubuntu 18.06, 20.04 or Ubuntu 22.04 are desired. Experience with Linux and Windows is a huge plus.
- Experience with VMware vCenter, ESX, DRS, HA is desired.
- Experience with Automation and Scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with security best practices and ensuring multi-site compliance for infrastructure .
- Experience in at least 2 of the following domains:
- Enterprise networking; building and designing highly redundant and scalable networks, site to site connectivity, SDWAN, VPN, etc. (Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco)
- Virtualization and high-availability, virtualized workloads, virtualized networking, DRS/HA, enterprise storage and fault tolerance (VMware vSphere, NSX, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring (Wavefront, Datadog, Solarwinds, OpsGenie, Pagerduty)
- Experience with Fortinet Firewalls and FortiEMS.
- Experience with Juniper and Dell Enterprise Switching.
- Experience with Dell, HP and Supermicro enterprise compute.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Jira JSM, Confluence).
- Experience with Microsoft (On-Premise and M365) and Intune.
- You have containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with tools like: Rancher, Vault, Packer, Tanzu, Telegraf, InfluxDB, etc.
- Experience ensuring compliance and audit preparation evidence is a plus .
- Experience with Microsoft, AWS, VMware, Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, NetApp products is a plus.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (JIRA, JSM, Confluence) is a plus.
- Experience preparing technical project plans and creating budgets for highly technical projects is a plus.
- You are highly organized and can take on large initiatives, build requirements and project timelines is a plus .
- You believe in the value of documentation and team training.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $108,500 - $151,200. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.