In Situ Transcriptomics Applications Intern
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next generation sequencing (NGS) and multiomics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. Our novel Sequencing Engine is the foundational technology that drives Singular Genomics’ products in development and our core product tenets: accuracy, speed, flexibility and scale.
We are passionate about the promise of genomics to improve human health and are committed to making it a reality. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
We are located in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub on the Torrey Pines Mesa close to the Pacific Ocean - next door to prestigious institutions like the Salk Institute, Scripps Research Institute, Sanford Burnham, and UCSD.
About the Internship
Our Internship Program is an opportunity to work on projects alongside our engineers, scientists, and business leaders learning and innovating with some of the best in the industry. We will also be offering programmatic benefits, such as team building, professional development, and engagement opportunities with our leadership team.
Singular’s internship program runs during the summer. In order to qualify, you must be able to work during one of our program cycles. Opportunities for extension into the school year may be available for exceptional participants. Internship candidates will be able to choose between the following program cycles:
Standard Schedule for both sessions: Monday – Friday, 40-hour/week, paid roles and free food!
Location: Onsite at one of our San Diego offices.
- Develop spatial transcriptomics (in situ sequencing) assays:
- Plan and perform experiment for developing the technique.
- Record executed experiments in accordance with lab procedures.
- Analyze data using analysis software such as ImageJ, python, or excel.
- Provide written and verbal updates to the team.
- Present data to colleagues throughout the organization.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a life sciences-related program.
- Experience with cell culture, microscopy and molecular biology techniques is preferred.
- Desire and ability to work in a small interdisciplinary team to develop new technologies at a rapid pace.
- You must be a student at the time of application and interviews.
- You must be available to work during one of our program cycles.
- You must have valid U.S. work authorization and be located in the United States during the entirety of the internship program.
The estimated base hourly range for this role based in the United States of America is: $20-$30. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Something looks off?