Associate Director, Image Processing
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role reports to our Torrey Pines location (*potential to be hybrid, but on-site is preferred)
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual that can think innovatively and has a track record of solving problems effectively while delivering results. The Associate Director of Image Processing will head research and development of high-speed image processing and data analysis algorithms for in situ data.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with (1) cell segmentation; (2) three-dimensional data processing and visualization, (3) understanding of parallel computing and analysis of big data (4) image processing for single molecule applications; (5) secondary analysis of spatial data (multicolor fluorescence). Experience processing single molecule FISH or in situ sequencing data is a strong plus. Other relevant experience can include analysis of single cell RNAseq data. They will have experience leading teams of scientists and engineers to develop and deliver innovative image processing and computer vision solutions to real-world problems.
- Design and test algorithms for complex, high-speed image processing applications.
- Direct the work of the image processing team to meet the goals of the business, and set overall direction and vision.
- Work closely with the high-performance computing team to translate prototype algorithms to production code.
- Interact with teams in bioinformatics, optics, systems integration, and molecular biology.
- PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related field.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in image processing and computer vision.
- Strong foundation in mathematics, computational modeling, algorithm development, statistics, and information theory.
- Expertise developing algorithms for high-speed image processing.
- Leadership experience of scientific or engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of modern software architecture.
- Experience developing applications and libraries with Python in an industrial environment.
- Experience developing and applying machine learning algorithms and neural networks.
- Experience working with large datasets (multiple Terabytes).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player.
- Microscopy for cell biology.
- Digital pathology.
- Experience developing algorithms with C++.
- Experience developing algorithms for GPUs using CUDA or OpenCL.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is $151,125- $224,250. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.
Something looks off?