Cloud Operations Engineer - Technology R&D
Cloud Operations Engineer - Technology R&D
Are you ready for the Most Impactful Work of Your Life?
Signant Health is a global evidence generation company. We’re helping our customers digitally enable their clinical trial programs, meeting patients where they are, driving change through technology and innovations and reimagining the path to proof. Working at Signant Health puts you in the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry.
We innovate the leading-edge of clinical research data. We do it faster, better and with an eye on the future of our industry.
As a member of the Production Hosting department at Signant Health, the Cloud Operations Engineer will collaborate with development, release, and application teams to install, configure, deploy and manage infrastructure, application components and services in customer environments to ensure they are highly available, scalable and sustainable. You will also work with Apps Integration and the DevOps teams to identify and resolve issues and improve the overall Support Process.
- Automation for tasks like deployment of servers and application software across environment, alerts via scripting.
- Troubleshoot to identify root cause and work towards faster work-arounds and resolution of reported issues
- Quickly & effectively utilize existing tools and utilities to improve troubleshooting process in the long run
- Ensure the stability and availability of Application operation components running on Public Clouds.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to support production environments and shift work.
- Control infrastructure costs by continually looking for opportunities to right-size servers and services
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Respond to alerts of application instability, identifying root cause and corrective action
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- leading a CloudOps / DevOps / SRE team
- Passionate about building better automation / self service tools to avoid manual works.
- Experience in a modern software development environment that is Agile and incorporates DevOps practices.
- Hands on experience with DevOps Tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, BitBucket, TFS
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Experience in Python, Terraform, PowerShell & Bash
- Experience in containerization and orchestration (kubernetes) and configuration management using Ansible
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Hands-on experience in Linux/Windows server operating systems, and Web Server technologies including IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, Apache Web Server
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres or MySQL
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members & establishing/maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Experience setting up and configuring monitoring systems.
- Ability to work independently.
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits. As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Medical HMO Program
- Group term Life Insurance.
- Overtime & Night differential Pay
- Employee Referral Program – Bring the Best to Signant Health and earn a reward
- Proof! – Signant’s Employee Recognition Program where you can accumulate points to redeem for exciting merchandise, gift cards, tickets, and more
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be perfect for this role. We will begin reviewing submissions during the application period and will fill the vacancy as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Technology R&D
- Job Function AID-IT Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular