Senior Cloud Operations Engineer - Technology R&D
Sr Cloud Operations Engineer
(This is a Hybrid role located in Hyderabad, India)
Are you ready for the Most Impactful Work of Your Life?
is a global evidence generation company. We’re helping our customers digitally enable their clinical trial programs, meeting patients where they are, driving change through technology and innovations and reimagining the path to proof.
Working at Signant Health puts you in the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry.
Where do you fit in?
We're on the hunt for a Sr Cloud Operations Engineer who will drive our configuration management, build, deploy, and monitor platforms. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment, which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
Want to join the Best Team of Your Life?
We’re looking for people who are excited by the potential to make a difference in the world. You don’t need to have a clinical background to thrive at Signant. You need to be decisive, open to celebrating mistakes, able to communicate transparently and inclusively, and someone your team can count on. Most of all you need to be yourself!
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Adopting and implementing best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Participate in furthering Agile/DevOps culture.
- Design next generation application strategy using cloud-native and serverless architectures.
- Promote the development of technical standards for the team.
- Work with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical structure meeting the strategic needs of the business.
- Implement configuration management for development, test, and production environments.
- Secure systems using best practices, and continuously audit environment to confirm it is bulletproof.
- Monitor for optimal performance and uptime of cloud infrastructure.
- Respond to alerts of application instability, identifying root cause and corrective actions.
- Control infrastructure costs by continually looking for opportunities to right-size servers and services.
You’ll need to bring:
- 5- 10 years of experience in DevOps and Enterprise Applications deployments on data centres and public clouds.
- Experience in a modern software development environment that is Agile and incorporates DevOps practices.
- Hands on experience with DevOps Tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven
- Strong experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Experience in Python, Terraform, PowerShell
- Version control systems: Git, BitBucket, TFS
- 3 years’ experience in containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Configuration management using Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Good understanding of Cloud governance and how to implement it.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Certifications like AWS Solutions Architect highly preferred.
- Expert in Linux/Windows server operating systems, and Web Server technologies including IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, and Apache Web Server
- Knowledge of relational databases including SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, and MySQL.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
- A Cloud Certifications like AWS Solutions Architect.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members & establishing/maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Previously demonstrated proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects overall, as well as to the types of scheduling & process changes that are inherent in a fast-paced business.
And finally, here are the ways of working that will help you succeed at Signant:
- A passion for metrics and driving towards objective results, with vast presentation experience at any stakeholder level.
- Keeping yourself up to date with the latest technical trends in engineering, professional services, agile processes, and project management disciplines, with the ability to drive learning within projects to their teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits.
As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Our Long-Term Incentive Plan which is unique to the industry
- The flexibility to work remotely
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Welfare pension scheme
Then we’d love to hear from you
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be perfect for this role.
We will begin reviewing submissions during the application period and will fill the vacancy as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Technology R&D
- Job Function AID-IT Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular