Scientist - Analytical Development
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are seeking a Scientist, Analytical Development. In this position, the individual will work within the P&PD team to develop assays that will enable characterization of ShapeTX viral vector and processes. This is an exciting opportunity to learn, develop and implement cutting edge AAV analysis techniques as well as grow your career in a rapidly evolving market. The ideal applicant will have experience analyzing and characterizing protein modalities to evaluate and understand attributes relevant to therapeutic drugs. Candidates should be detail oriented, with a collaborative spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of analytical methods and establish SOPs.
- Lead characterization studies of AAV utilizing relevant protein analytical techniques (eg. HPLC, CE/cIEF, Biophysical characterization).
- Perform mass spectrometry-based top-down and bottom-up analyses.
- Independently follow established protocols, analyze, and communicate results.
- Work cross-functionally to identify current and future analytical needs.
- Maintain awareness of current literature and technologies related to AAV analytics.
- Perform various assays to support P&PD experiments.
- Maintain laboratory supplies and reagents
- Maintain organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
What you Bring:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline with 0-2+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience OR
- MS/BS candidates with 5-10+ years of experience in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline
Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience in protein or virus analysis and characterization
- Hands-on experience with multiple analytical technologies to characterize proteins (ie. LC, LC-MS, CE, cIEF, DLS, DSF)
- Familiarity with common data analysis software (eg GraphPad Prism, JMP)
- Hand-on experience with mass spectrometric analytical software
- Ability to troubleshoot and think analytically
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to think creatively and tackle challenges with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $96,000-$144,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.