ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual with a strong passion for learning to join the growing Information Technology team as a Data Engineer. This position will have the unique opportunity to collaborate closely with experimentalists, data scientists, and engineers to design, build, and maintain automated end-to-end data pipelines and services to enable our best-in-class AI/ML and analysis capabilities.
We are dedicated to applying generative AI to revolutionize how gene editing, delivery, expression, and manufacturing are done for gene therapy. We believe in the power of diverse perspectives to drive innovation in gene therapy and are committed to creating an environment where integrity, patient impact, and personal growth are valued. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds who possess experience in information systems, information technology, and engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, design, implement and maintain scalable data tools and pipelines to ingest, process, and transform scientific datasets from various sources into standardized and usable formats.
- Enhance performance and reliability of data storage, data pipelines, and data retrieval mechanisms.
- Provide thought leadership on data modeling and metadata management to ensure our data assets are FAIR.
- Implement methods to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of scientific datasets. Address data quality issues that arise.
- Define the data engineering product strategy and align features and services to experimentalist and data/ML scientists’ requirements.
- Maintain detailed technical product documentation for pipelines, models, and processes to ensure reproducibility and knowledge sharing.
- Work with IT security to ensure data solutions comply with security standards and regulations. Implement appropriate security measures to protect data from unauthorized access or breaches.
What you Bring
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or similar technical or engineering experience in a relevant field or discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or in a related role.
- Proven experience with database technologies such as SQL (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with the following platforms/tools/ standards is preferred:
- Data warehousing (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks, or Redshift)
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS and SaaS, Benchling
- Modern data engineering and orchestration tools
- Scientific data standards and formats (e.g., ADF, UDM, etc.)
- Data visualization tools and techniques
Compensation & Benefits
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for this role is $96,000-$144,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.